Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/15/2021 8:19:28 PM EDT
Anyone ever seen one of these clear rubber duck training rifles?? New one on me. Someone posted these on Facebook, I don’t own it sadly.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:24:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that a real upper as well
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#2]
What Facebook group? Lol

I’d offer good money for the oddity factor of it! Very cool and never seen it before
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a real upper as well
View Quote

Most A1 rubber ducks that I held were made with real uppers but all the lowers had the same serial number.

What is interesting to me, besides being clear, is that I thought most rubber ducks had the barrels cut to 1/2 or 2/3 length, can't remember which, so they would be inop if lost.

That one looks like it has a full length barrel.

Had to be a bored TASC worker that made that or maybe as a retirement gift/award.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 11:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
like a cutaway
cept not cut
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#5]
now that is absolutely fascinating
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:00:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Someone forgot to add the black color to the resin blend
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Someone forgot to add the black color to the resin blend
View Quote

Not just that,
This one is different from any I’ve ever see in23 years in the Army. This one used a lot more actual parts than just a shot out barrel half.
Local command authorized to fill a shortage would be my guess.
I once saw a local commander authorize a steel pot mod, the soldiers head was so big, a normal helmet liner would not fit him. (Big guy) so they split and rewelded the helmet, then attached the webbing directly to the steel.
Poor guy played hell trying to turn it in to CIF when he rotated back to the states!
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 11:16:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn I need one of those!

And FYI that was no accident. The barrel is intentionally marked to be seen through the plastic. And clear injection molded plastic was not a cheap or easy thing to pull off back in those days.

This was a very intentional variation of "The Duck".

And I need one.
Link Posted: 10/16/2021 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]
That is very different. The Rubber Duck I have has mostly real parts except for the lower receiver and the fact that it has no BCG. The CK forge code puts the receiver in the 1972-73 era. Barrel is C MP C and is plugged.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top