Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/18/2021 4:18:55 PM EDT
I need help deciding. I have a MK14 13" rail coming for an almost completed project rifle, after I realized I bought a Mk16 15" by mistake. I have an NSR rail installed on another Noveske rifle, that would be a perfect candidate for the MK16. Would it be worth the effort to swap these out, or is the NSR good enough, and just sell the MK16?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Geissele rails will always keep their value for the most part even if you use it.

That rail is as I’m sure you know, more or less a clone part. Check out the clone forums if you haven’t already.

I’d go with the Geissele rail if I were you, you have more modularity plus their sweet n creamy DDC finish  will make any rifle 10000x cooler!

Also, if you plan on mounting accessories Or experimenting on your rail I’d go big G. If you prefer to keep things slick  Or happy with what you have on there then. We’ll if it ain’t broke...

As far as I know (and probably wrong) but idk if nsr rails have mounting options at the 1,5,7,11 o clock sides like the Geissele rail does.  I prefer 5-7 rail sides as you can put rails there to pad your hand from heat more effectively. I found with rails that have mounting options only on 12-3-6-10 o’clock, I need gloves when  sustained firing because the vents at 5&7 blast out a ton of heat so I’ll run a grip because the rail gets too hot to hold bare handed.

Just food for thought.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Geissele rails will always keep their value for the most part even if you use it.

That rail is as I’m sure you know, more or less a clone part. Check out the clone forums if you haven’t already.

I’d go with the Geissele rail if I were you, you have more modularity plus their sweet n creamy DDC finish  will make any rifle 10000x cooler!

Also, if you plan on mounting accessories Or experimenting on your rail I’d go big G. If you prefer to keep things slick  Or happy with what you have on there then. We’ll if it ain’t broke...
View Quote

I didn't really want to disturb the factory pinned gas block, but it's not that difficult to remove. They are the DDC rails I'm getting. I think you're right, I'm going with the Geissele. Plus the NSR is keymod. I'll be going to Mlok.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 5:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]
G all the things!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top