Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2022 8:17:30 PM EDT
Has anyone shot any of this stuff? I don’t remember seeing this brand until the past year or so. Does anyone also know if it’s crimped primers? If it’s just cheap fmj that doesn’t shoot great maybe it’s at least decent reloading brass
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:11:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Igman has been around for a long time and is
generally regarded as good quality.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 6:51:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Igman is good stuff.
Used some of their m855 without issue
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 10:50:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It is decent stuff, but keep in mind if you are going to reload it that it uses a smaller than standard flash hole and some decapping pins can get stuck in the flash hole or it can break the decapping pin.

I turned a taper on a decapping pin that allows the pin to get started in the flash hole then swage it out bigger.

I was able to deprime the brass I have and once they are swaged to the larger normal size they should work fine in any die in the future.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is decent stuff, but keep in mind if you are going to reload it that it uses a smaller than standard flash hole and some decapping pins can get stuck in the flash hole or it can break the decapping pin.

I turned a taper on a decapping pin that allows the pin to get started in the flash hole then swage it out bigger.

I was able to deprime the brass I have and once they are swaged to the larger normal size they should work fine in any die in the future.
View Quote

Interesting, who else uses smaller than standard flash holes?
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interesting, who else uses smaller than standard flash holes?
View Quote

Off the top of my head, Norma 9mm does. It easily swages to the diameter of the decapping pin. I think some more recent European 5.56 has small flash holes in an effort to deter reuse/reloading.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I think fiocchi or sellier & bellot has a offcenter flash hole but I’m not sure.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

My buddy has a bunch of MGs he lets me shoot and he keeps the brass. I ran a couple hundred rounds of Igman 7.62NATO last month through an FAL, FND, and MG34 and he said he ran into no issues reloading the cases.

Just a sample of one here.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 4:14:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I should have clarified this was 5.56.

I have no experience with their 7.62 NATO.

He may have just had a set of dies with a smaller decapping pin.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:08:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Several years ago Igman had some operational problems.

Since then, they have hired an American company to take over management of operations at their plant.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top