Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/25/2020 8:33:21 PM EDT
So i acquired these mags with a bunch of other mags, also reading through the faq am pretty sure they are preban mags but just wanted to ask if anyone more knowledgeable could drop some insight about them.

Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:43:18 PM EDT
[#1]
LaBelle is now known as D&H. If that is in fact a LaBelle magazine and not just a LaBelle stamped floorplate, I'm certain that one is a pre-ban. The Colt one may be also. Does it have a date stamped on the side of the magazine body? I'm not sure about the FN marked mags, as I can't remember how long they've been producing rifles and magazines for the U.S. military. I don't ever recall seeing an FN marked mag floating around during the pre-ban era. But if the mag bodies don't have a date stamped on them, that is probably a pretty good indication they are pre-ban.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Most preban mags have date codes outside or a letter/number stamp inside.
Those black followers do not resemble the black Vietnam ones. Mags look too nice.
Never saw a preban FN and all preban Colts I saw had black followers that had some shine to them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok looking over these 5 theres no stampings on the bodies, and the black followers have a lot of fiberglass reinforcing. They all look like they've been thoroughly used but not dinged or anything.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Those all look preban. Most preban mags  DO NOT have dates or sate codes. Adventure Line, Parsons, Labelle, FN, Cooper, and Sanchez never used a code. Center Industries didnt until I think 1991 then they had exterior stamps. Okay/Colt  had interior codes and then moved to exterior dates.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a plan but need to make sure before sending so theres no mistake.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#7]
There used to be a gov. document about meeting contract dates floating around on a site mentioning LaBelle. I think it mentioned they were making mags for FN at the same time.
Really miss that guys website. It was full of old documents relating to firearm stuff.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Only thing I'm confused about - when did FN start M-16 production?  Were they making M-16A2s as early as 1994?

ETA - Huh.  Wikipedia says 1991.  Absent any date codes, the FN floorplates should be GTG.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top