Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2021 3:06:14 PM EDT
Just ordered one of the IWI Zion pistols with the 12.5" middy barrel today.  Probably going to keep it as a pistol for a long as possible, but may end up going the SBR route with it.  I think I'll probably be putting the Holosun 510c on it, a Streamlight ProTac HLX, Raptor CH, and an aftermarket trigger just not sure yet on the trigger.  Been thinking about trying one of those Rise Armament RA-140 triggers because the price seems reasonable enough to roll the dice on.  Haven't read much negative about them except that they're not Geissele.  

Anyone else have a Zion pistol they can share about?  There's very little in the way of YouTube videos on the pistol version too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have the 12.5" but I do have the rifle version. It has been a very solid gun. I would love the try out the pistol version and see how the sort barrel shoots with the mid length gas system

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 2:43:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one, but every IWI i've shot or handled has been quality.  I don't think you're going to be disappointed with it.  Keep us updated because I am interested as well how it fares.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have the 12.5" but I do have the rifle version. It has been a very solid gun. I would love the try out the pistol version and see how the sort barrel shoots with the mid length gas system

https://i.imgur.com/Zai6D4h.jpg
View Quote

Jesus Christ, how much did you drop on this rifle, optics and all?
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 2:37:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Jesus Christ, how much did you drop on this rifle, optics and all?
View Quote

Lol. Probably a lot. Pieced it together little by little from some parts I had and some I bought for it. Some parts were new, some I got off of the EE. The rifle was $899. I bought it during the peak of pandemic so they were going for MSRP. The ACOG/RMR was about $1100, $120 for the BCG, $150 for the Geissele SSA-E, $50 for the BCM Mod 0 comp, $50 for the BCM 4X4 charging handle, about $325 for the Modlite OKW and Modbutton Lite, $40 for the Arisaka scout mount, $25 for the Arisaka QD sling mount, $20 for BCM VFG, and $25 for the ambi safety. So about $2800 total?
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just ordered one of the IWI Zion pistols with the 12.5" middy barrel today.  Probably going to keep it as a pistol for a long as possible, but may end up going the SBR route with it.  I think I'll probably be putting the Holosun 510c on it, a Streamlight ProTac HLX, Raptor CH, and an aftermarket trigger just not sure yet on the trigger.  Been thinking about trying one of those Rise Armament RA-140 triggers because the price seems reasonable enough to roll the dice on.  Haven't read much negative about them except that they're not Geissele.  

Anyone else have a Zion pistol they can share about?  There's very little in the way of YouTube videos on the pistol version too.
View Quote

If you're gonna spend that much already, why buy a Chicom sight?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I have not personally shot one but we have sold several at the shop I work at. Everyone is very happy with them. They seem like a great gun for the money.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 5:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]
@N0NAP

I have been reading a lot on the IWI rifles....can you give details on where you ordered it from and if you dont mind, the price?

Are these made in Israel?
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
@N0NAP

I have been reading a lot on the IWI rifles....can you give details on where you ordered it from and if you dont mind, the price?

View Quote

Well, I have my FFL so I ordered directly from a distributor at cost so my price isn't going to be what most people can expect to pay.  No, they are not made in Israel.  They are made here in the US in Pennsylvania I believe.  Gun hasn't arrived yet, but should be on its way.
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 9:03:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@N0NAP

View Quote

They are made in Middletown PA.

My LGS has the rifles for $1,000. I believe msrp is $899

I've been thinking about getting one. I handled one at said LGS and it was hard to walk away from.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I just took delivery of such a weapon. Hope to shoot it this weekend. Looks solid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 7:54:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting on mine...
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Got the Zion pistol in today and on the surface, I'm not particularly impressed.  If this were any other brand, what I received would be considered a "blem" model by other brand standards.  Now not that I'm complaining because ARs aren't exactly safe queens and it's going to get handling marks from use anyway.  I'm just commenting on how the gun arrived.  On the right side of the lower on the magwell there was a discolored circular spot a little bigger than a quarter in size.  It's almost like some kind of sticker was put there and the glue changed the color of the finish slightly.  No residue or anything, but a noticeable circle of discoloration.  Then on the upper receiver, there was finish wear on both sides under the rail where I'm guessing the upper was placed in a clamp for assembly.  These were just a couple things I noticed that are not typical from other brands and I would expect a little better from IWI.  Not that they affect function, reliability, or accuracy though.

Then the second thing I wasn't crazy about was that the action felt gritty.  I field stripped the gun upon arrival, cleaned off the shipping oils, and relubed using my normal CLP and the action is noticeably gritty.  I had a PSA blem upper on a blem lower sitting on my bench also that has seen 60 rounds total and the PSA gun is considerably smoother than the Zion.  I'm hoping once I shoot the Zion, things start to wear in and smooth up.  But if you're expecting a slick, smooth action out of the box, the example I had didn't really have it.

I also found that for my personal taste, I don't like the more vertical angle of the B5 Systems pistol grip.  Maybe I'm just too used to the Magpul grip that I've always used on my other guns, but I felt awkward on the B5 grip.  I might like that vertical angle on a more precision style rifle, but for a 12.5" AR I don't personally like it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2021 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Lol. Probably a lot.
View Quote

You sleep better if you just throw the receipts away, and forget about the cost  
Link Posted: 9/18/2021 10:51:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You sleep better if you just throw the receipts away, and forget about the cost  
View Quote

That is definitely my mode of operation, for sure. I just get sticker shock when I do inventory to update my insurance coverage. When I start itemizing things after the fact is when I really see how much money I have sunk into this hobby.  lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:05:42 PM EDT
[#15]
OP, any updates on your purchase, was looking at getting the same pistol, thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Chicom =/= Trijicon
USA made = Trijicon
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Chicom =/= Trijicon
USA made = Trijicon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicom =/= Trijicon
USA made = Trijicon

The Trijicon branded magnifier that goes with the MRO is made in……..ding. CHINA.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Chicom =/= Trijicon
USA made = Trijicon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chicom =/= Trijicon
USA made = Trijicon

I could be wrong, but i think he was talking about the OP wanting to use a Holosun.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top