Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2021 12:00:14 AM EDT
Alright ladies and gents, my IWI set up arrived and I’m either gonna put on my Daniel Defense sights or grab some Griffin Armament flip sights.

For the muzzle device, I’m thinking either a Noveske Pig or Q Cherry Bomb. What does the herd think?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:06:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Closed tine Warcomp
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:13:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Ok those are both pretty bad ass not gonna lie lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#4]
So I only have the rifle Zion-15 but I do have a mk18. For me, unless you're running a suppressor, flash hider is what you want, especially if you ever think you want to use it for HD and will lighting off some rounds indoors. I went with a Smith Vortex on my mk18

Link Posted: 5/2/2021 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I only have the rifle Zion-15 but I do have a mk18. For me, unless you're running a suppressor, flash hider is what you want, especially if you ever think you want to use it for HD and will lighting off some rounds indoors. I went with a Smith Vortex on my mk18

https://i.imgur.com/zU8JkAB.jpg
View Quote

I’m torn on if I wanna go suppressed. That’s what was appealing about the Cherry Bomb,
But you gentlemen have given me something to think about
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking for an IWI Zion-15 pistol.

That has a 12.5" barrel?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Save the money and put an A2 on it. Only reason to do anything other than that is if you're gonna suppress it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:41:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been looking for an IWI Zion-15 pistol.

That has a 12.5" barrel?
View Quote

Yup! Ordered direct
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Save the money and put an A2 on it. Only reason to do anything other than that is if you're gonna suppress it.
View Quote

Already has one actually
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:51:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad the DSA Trident was discontinued. I picked up several for $10 each. They are pretty much an AAC 3 Prong without being able to accept a suppressor.

I think prong flash hiders are the way to go. They are surprisingly decent indoors in regards to concussion. The blast was no where as bad as a linear comp at an in door range.

The Strike Industries Venom Flash Hider is pretty good for the price too, they also sell a blast can for it.

Some say the ringing is annoying on these. But come on gunshots are pretty loud, and if shot without ear protection you'll be hearing a ringing noise for quite awhile
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#11]
SEI Vortex

...unless you need a suppressor mount
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Just found a Zion 15 pistol.

I knew the barrel was 12.5", but the mid length gas system was a pleasant surprise to me.

The regular flash hider seems fine.

The Yankee Hill Machine Phantom and 5C1 are supposed to mimic the original Vortex flash hider for effectiveness on short barrels.

The 5CM is a muzzle brake, not a flash hider.

The 5C1 with the smooth version prevents snagging on things.

I bought several from CDNN when they had them cheap and they may still.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003421627

On the high end, open prong and super effective is the SilencerCo ASR flash hider.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016895122
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just found a Zion 15 pistol.

I knew the barrel was 12.5", but the mid length gas system was a pleasant surprise to me.

The regular flash hider seems fine.

The Yankee Hill Machine Phantom and 5C1 are supposed to mimic the original Vortex flash hider for effectiveness on short barrels.

The 5CM is a muzzle brake, not a flash hider.

The 5C1 with the smooth version prevents snagging on things.

I bought several from CDNN when they had them cheap and they may still.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003421627

On the high end, open prong and super effective is the SilencerCo ASR flash hider.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1016895122
View Quote

Yea, it’s got a great recoil impulse. One of my favorite ARs to shoot. I might leave the birdcage on their as well. Thinking about a suppressor though
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top