Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2021 1:36:04 PM EDT
I purchased a lot of these years ago off midwayusa and had good success with them. Recently I noticed they have them back in stock and I want to buy them. Any reason why it's not flying off the shelves and midwayusa has so much in stock? I notice other ammo that is being sold sells out almost immediately. They recently had Blackhills 77gr OTM for sale last week that went within the hour. So this ammo being in stock still tells me something might be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 1:42:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I purchased a lot of these years ago off midwayusa and had good success with them. Recently I noticed they have them back in stock and I want to buy them. Any reason why it's not flying off the shelves and midwayusa has so much in stock? I notice other ammo that is being sold sells out almost immediately. They recently had Blackhills 77gr OTM for sale last week that went within the hour. So this ammo being in stock still tells me something might be wrong.
View Quote

Yeah its $1.20 a round lol.

It is good stuff still though,  I just bought some from midway a few weeks ago, same great performance of the stuff I bought on sale from them for before the panic buying started.

Me and a good friend have shot a lot of it. IMO in accuracy and velocity it is every bit as good as Black Hills. I don't know what the actual projectile is, looks like a Sierra 77 smk but I imagine it's an isreali produced projectile.  

ETA: Well they advertise it as being an SMK, brain fart

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#2]
ya good ammo in my experience with a couple different barrels. 1 MOA all day long in an LWRC 18" DMR upper.

about 1.25 MOA in a FN CL 20" GI profile barrel than was cut back to 18".

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

@dalle0001

The reason is that it's $1.20/round.  It used to be about $0.55.

In my MK12, it's 1/2-3/4 MOA.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent loading of the 77gr SMK. My stash is dwindling unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@dalle0001

The reason is that it's $1.20/round.  It used to be about $0.55.

In my MK12, it's 1/2-3/4 MOA.
View Quote

It's quite possibly one of the best ammo. My mk262 supply is getting low. I'm at 1200 rounds of Blackhills mk262 and I'm going to start saving it by buying these ammo. I checked today and they actually have 20 packs available as well. So it appears they have ample supply. I'll monitor the 20 packs to see how fast they go.

I'm also getting a little low on M193 going to about 1100 of it. So I'm a bit worried now. I have a lot of .22s so I might just start shooting those as oppose to the good stuff.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 11:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My SPR loves it
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#7]
How does this compare to Magtech 77 grain OTM? Looking to stock up on some flavor of the mk262 and I've been eyeing all three.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 7:06:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How does this compare to Magtech 77 grain OTM? Looking to stock up on some flavor of the mk262 and I've been eyeing all three.
View Quote
Barrels are picky but I had better luck with the IMI stuff in 14.5 and 10.3 DD barrels. I don't recall chrono'ing the Magtech stuff but the IMI is full-power 5.56, even after they lowered the charge a touch a few years ago.
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Magtech was a little more accurate out of my barrels, IMI felt like it was loaded a little hotter.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 3:13:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Magtech was a little more accurate out of my barrels, IMI felt like it was loaded a little hotter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had the same results and the chrono showed the original Razercore to be just a bit faster.  Unfortunately the CBC/Magtech is no longer in production.
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 5:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:38:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 10:57:32 AM EDT
[#13]
It may still be in stock because they got more of it compared to the BH. I think the IMI is as good as the BH which has been unavailable for a while even before the chicom19. Some guns prefer CBC, while others prefer IMI, or BH.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top