AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Locked IFC .410 ARU Upper (Page 1 of 2)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/21/2018 2:56:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdwardAvila]
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see registering a lower as a SBS in the near future!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 4:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 2:54:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What about building one up as a "Firearm"  with a brace and overall length over 26". I have been thinking about doing it and may go that way.
Link Posted: 10/25/2018 12:47:48 AM EDT
[#4]
anyone know the rules for existing SBR's? could i chop the barrel and still be legal?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:46:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are these coming out of Turkey and not USA?
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GlockFragOut:
anyone know the rules for existing SBR's? could i chop the barrel and still be legal?
View Quote
Don't think so, that is why I am looking @ building a "firearm" >26" with a brace is the only way I see it could be done and i think you could still use pistol uppers with it?? But that is just my .02 on it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:01:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Since the rim diameters are very very close, I would love to see something like this made for .44 mag. I would love to have a 44 mag upper for my AR. Either 18 or 16 inch barrel.
With the drastically different chamber pressures, I don't think one of these would make a good base as a conversion. Would be too afraid the bolt would not hold up to the pressure. But if this company could make a 44 mag upper, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:14:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Jeeps-And-Guns:
Since the rim diameters are very very close, I would love to see something like this made for .44 mag. I would love to have a 44 mag upper for my AR. Either 18 or 16 inch barrel.
With the drastically different chamber pressures, I don't think one of these would make a good base as a conversion. Would be too afraid the bolt would not hold up to the pressure. But if this company could make a 44 mag upper, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
View Quote
I know that the 357 mag has been done but not sure if 44 mag was done, it would need to be made on a standard upper/barrel extension and could use a bolt opened up like the 50AE with a standard carrier and you could use Desert Eagle mags sleeved into a standard mag (same as has been done for the 357 mag uppers.) You could contact Ron @ RMWXTREME.COM and see if he would build one (he has built several 357 mag uppers.)
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#9]
What function does the flap just in front the the rear takedown pin hole serve? Would be cool if it’s removable so it would fit on my M-16
Link Posted: 10/28/2018 12:10:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdwardAvila] [#10]
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#11]
That's actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:43:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm amazed at the variance in OAL of the sample of shells measured, never gave that a thought.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:55:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jreinke] [#13]
If you look a the SAAMI cartridge/chamber drawings, the length of a shot shell is measured from a fired hull with the crimp unfolded. Not to mention the fact that as a cartridge that headspaces on the rim, minor variations in LOA are immaterial as long as they don't exceed the chamber length printed on the barrel.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By 762AR556:  Why are these coming out of Turkey and not USA?
View Quote
B/c the Turks limit their subjects to smoothbores instead of rifles, so Turkish gun manufacturers make all manner of shotguns for Turks.  Turks, like anyone else, want ARs, but they only way they can own them is as .410 shotguns.

There's a 12 ga AR-10ish shotgun running around, also Turkish, that will run 2&3/4" shells through the SR-25 magwell, and takes DPMS uppers.

Ed, thanks for posting this, might be a good Christmas present for the boy.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
The stock magazines for these are extremely picky about shell length, which kinda limits our options.  They work fine with the ATI slugs, but they jam up when using the ATI T+ buck. (They are just a hair too long.)  I figured I'd try an ATI OMNI Hybrid MAXX 5-Round magazine.... and it worked.  It was a tight fit in the mag well, but once seated the gun loaded from the bolt release and stripped and fired every shell.

Does anyone know the thread pattern for the muzzle?  I'm hoping these chokes fit. https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-tactical-imports-ar-410-choke-tube-set-w-wrench-holder.html
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 11:27:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: EdwardAvila] [#17]
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:32:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jreinke] [#18]
Originally Posted By jreinke:
I could see registering a lower as a SBS in the near future!
View Quote
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 5:24:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wart] [#19]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunately my mom threw out my leggos because she was tired of stepping on them.  

Originally Posted By EdwardAvila:
No one seems to be publishing this for either barrel, but it appears to be a 5/8-28? (finer than 5/8-24).
Only thing I can do is order them and we'll all find out together... says a couple of weeks for availability, so I'll add to this thread when we know more.
Thanks for being the Guinea pig with these. I look forward to your report.

Smokey Mountian Knife Works has the ATI slugs available for $3.99 a box of 25. https://www.smkw.com/ati-slug-140-rifle-ammo-2-5-25rds-atiayav410rs

20 boxes with shipping cost me a whopping $106.70.  That's 21 Cents a round.  That's... well... it's just plain awesome!
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By 762AR556:
Why are these coming out of Turkey and not USA?
View Quote
That is what I thought about my new Winchester shotgun.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By wart:
Does anyone know the thread pattern for the muzzle?  I'm hoping these chokes fit. https://www.opticsplanet.com/american-tactical-imports-ar-410-choke-tube-set-w-wrench-holder.html
View Quote
Any luck/luck on these chokes?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:38:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By EdwardAvila:

Haven't heard a peep...
View Quote
I called IFC and they confirmed that the thread is M16x1, which is the same as the ATI chokes. Makes sense considering they are probably made in the same factory.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:39:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdwardAvila] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 7:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EdwardAvila] [#25]
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 7:21:04 PM EDT
[#26]
This looks exactly like the ATI Omni .410....I "assume" that they are actually made in the same factory?  Same mags and everything...
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 9:52:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 1:22:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#29]
Neat.  When are you gonna run some light Cowboy Action .45 Colt through it?  

ETA:  Is that a polymer lower you're running under it?  
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:05:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:44:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By EdwardAvila:  No polymer lowers here! That's an ARFCOM 7075 billet lower. As for the .45 Colt, I'd be happy to film *you* doing it...
View Quote
I've got an ARFCOM polymer Cav Arms Mk 1 lower we can try it on.  Be happy to drive out, my local Academy stocks a Cowboy Action .45 Colt load.  This week or early next week?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 8:55:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gdk777] [#32]
I've got an ARFCOM polymer Cav Arms Mk 1 lower we can try it on.  Be happy to drive out, my local Academy stocks a Cowboy Action .45 Colt load.  This week or early next week?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By EdwardAvila:  No polymer lowers here! That's an ARFCOM 7075 billet lower. As for the .45 Colt, I'd be happy to film *you* doing it...
I hope you are kidding.  If not, please make sure you life insurance is paid up so your widow and kids have something to survive on if something goes wrong.  The Taurus Judge is designed to contain the pressure of both cartridges and support them not a shotgun....
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By gdk777:  I hope you are kidding.  If not, please make sure you life insurance is paid up so your widow and kids have something to survive on if something goes wrong.  The Taurus Judge is designed to contain the pressure of both cartridges and support them not a shotgun....
View Quote
I'll be w/ Ed - he's lucky.  And it's HIS upper...  
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Ordered 1 yesterday, shipped this morning.
Should arrive in 1-2 days.
Also *BUMP*
Thanks Ed!
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 8:17:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Do you have the mlok handguard available or just quad rail?
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 10:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hdhogman] [#36]
You'll have research between the 2 makers.
I ordered the one in the OP.
Here is the ATI model, no separate upper available, AFAIK.
https://www.americantactical.us/5512/detail.html
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:50:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By hdhogman:
Ordered 1 yesterday, shipped this morning.
Should arrive in 1-2 days.
Also *BUMP*
Thanks Ed!
View Quote
Yup, got email they were back in stock... before I knew it, I saw the "Thank you for your order" message..
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Also on notification list for when the 15 round mags are in stock, will post here, AFTER I buy some!
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 1:03:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Is anyone else getting stuck shells?  I just purchased one of these and if I chamber a Remington game load I cannot pull the charging handle to the rear on a loaded round without a lot of force to the point I almost broke out the rubber mallot
Link Posted: 3/17/2019 2:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kaliburz] [#40]
Originally Posted By hpdfish:
Is anyone else getting stuck shells?  I just purchased one of these and if I chamber a Remington game load I cannot pull the charging handle to the rear on a loaded round without a lot of force to the point I almost broke out the rubber mallot
View Quote
I haven't fired mine yet.  The Herter's 2.5" slugs are too long to load in the magazine.  But they will drop into the chamber fine & falls out with gravity.  I did notice the barrel says it is a 2.5" chamber, unlike what Ed posted originally.  Again, this is also an IFC 410 upper unit.  I don't have any other 410 shells,but I may try to manually load it just to try.  I put together an old Cavalry Arms Cav15 this St Patrick's Day so I might go to the back 40 & try...

(I would upload some pics, but I am on mobile/web browser & not sure if I can...)

PS-  I ordered an extra 10 & 17? rnd mag when I got the upper...
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Does anyone know where there is an online list of compatible ammo?  I thought I saw a list prior to buying this upper but now I can't find it. A Google search brought up this thread.

I got the upper and took it to the range last weekend along with some ammo I had for my other .410.  The Winchester I had was too long for the mag while the Herter's I had was not strong enough to cycle the action. The only thing I had that worked was Remington slugs.

I want to order some more but right now I don't know what to get.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Mine arrived with a bright red paper listing their recommended shells;
Remington Game Loads and Express Long Range, and Premiere STS.

Hornady Critical Defense.

Monarch (available from Academy).
Have NOT fired mine yet.

Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:07:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks for that info. I must have that sheet somewhere at home if I can find the box.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#44]
No problem, is what I like most about ARFCOM, and it's Members, we help each other out!
Let me know how it shoots.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
to the guy complaining about stuck shells,  i had an ATI from their first attempt at these.  it would get stuck as well, i chocked it up to a tight (rough) chamber, so i polished it up, about 1-2'' in, and it would work better...
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Hi all ,

I am new memmber of this forum. I am joining from Turkey and i am owner of .410 Platform AR15 of rifle. The upper system coming from Turkish company calling name , Ersus. I am sharing the link of company in below.

For info : ATI has totally diffrent supplier or maybe they are produce it in USA.

Ersus Web Page

The main diffrence is , in Turkey we dont use Bird Shoot Ammo , only slug. This is fun Rifle for shooting range or wood walking. According to Turkish law, Civilian not allowed carry  Semi Automatic Rifles , only bolt action or any Shotgun. So this is best way that we can enjoy the Ar15.

My Rifle is little diffrent then regular model. Stock , Pistol Grip , Carbon Fiber Front Hand Guard and Ambi buttoms , muzzle break and paint.

Link Posted: 4/2/2019 12:53:33 PM EDT
[#47]
"Welcome To Arfcom".

Great paint job!
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 1:53:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By zeda3000:  Hi all ,

I am new memmber of this forum. I am joining from Turkey and i am owner of .410 Platform AR15 of rifle. The upper system coming from Turkish company calling name , Ersus. I am sharing the link of company in below.

For info : ATI has totally diffrent supplier or maybe they are produce it in USA.

Ersus Web Page

The main diffrence is , in Turkey we dont use Bird Shoot Ammo , only slug. This is fun Rifle for shooting range or wood walking. According to Turkish law, Civilian not allowed carry  Semi Automatic Rifles , only bolt action or any Shotgun. So this is best way that we can enjoy the Ar15.

My Rifle is little diffrent then regular model. Stock , Pistol Grip , Carbon Fiber Front Hand Guard and Ambi buttoms , muzzle break and paint.

https://i.ibb.co/xmvfHHb/image4.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/QC31Chk/image5.jpg
View Quote
sallam alaykum.  Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#49]

sallam alaykum.  Welcome to ARFCOM.  Got any Legos?
View Quote
Sorry Pal , I am not Arab and Turkish doesnt speaking arabic at all. We are using Latin alphabet, When we saw friends ,we say `Merhaba` which is mean `Hello there` .  I dont have a any Legos , I have just guns :)

Happy to join the ARFCOM ,
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 6:22:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Do you have any imitation crab meat and a model train set?
A lot of funny back stories behind some phrases that only we longer term members understand!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Locked IFC .410 ARU Upper (Page 1 of 2)
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top