Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/11/2021 8:40:36 PM EDT
I would like a standard Ar15 A4 20", what should I get and where ?

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:50:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been unbelievably happy with my CHF 20" kit from PSA.

Price is higher than I thought I would ever pay for a PSA kit, but I have zero regrets and would do it again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:51:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Windham Weaponry
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Windham Weaponry
View Quote

I built an A4 gov't barrel ridge several years ago using one of their barrels.  It's been a fantastic gun and l would have no hesitation in buying another barrel or complete rife from them.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Model 1 sales is whom you seek!
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:24:00 PM EDT
[#5]
FN Military Collector.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#6]
DSA

Link Posted: 4/11/2021 11:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Brownells has Colt 20in uppers in stock
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Colt (now called CR6700 if I’m not mistaken) or FN
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Colt. Why buy anything else?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Rock River makes a pretty nice A4.  You can even start shooting service rifle matches with it.  The only downside is their lead time is up to 8 months now.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=252
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Colt
FN
BCM

If you can find any.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:24:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because plenty of manufacturers make products out of better materials with better QC these days.

20 years ago, you might have a point, these days, they are essentially an also-ran.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Because plenty of manufacturers make products out of better materials with better QC these days.

20 years ago, you might have a point, these days, they are essentially an also-ran.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're talking a pretty standard configured gun here, no improved fancy features or anything of the sort... No one is doing that any better than Colt, and the few companies that actually do offer a 20" A4 rifle aren't doing it as accurately or even up to the same quality.

Of the ones that are out there the Windham Weaponry A4 is the only one that comes close, but it still misses on a couple details. FN isn't making theirs anymore as far as I know, but it misses on a couple details as well. Forget about PSA, they don't have a clue.

Maybe I'm missing another company that makes a 20" A4? BCM used too.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Aero Precision makes a m16a4 marked clone that's pretty good.

You could also get a surplus upper and a complete lower, but the surplus uppers are getting hard to find and expensive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought a Colt AR-15A4 two or three years ago and I'm very happy with it. I know a lot of people are ticked at Colt for using cage codes on the upper and barrel instead of a C (although my barrel has the C MP marking), but that is what the military is getting.

I put a Knight's M5 RAS and Knight's USMC 600 meter rear sight on mine and it's close enough for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:56:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Colt AR15A4
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 9:11:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I have been extremely satisfied with the two Colt 20 inch A4 uppers that I bought from ARMS unlimited. I added Tool Craft Bolt carrier groups and mated the uppers to Aero Precision lowers with Larue MBT triggers. By far my favoroite guns to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:39:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

We're talking a pretty standard configured gun here, no improved fancy features or anything of the sort... No one is doing that any better than Colt, and the few companies that actually do offer a 20" A4 rifle aren't doing it as accurately or even up to the same quality.

Of the ones that are out there the Windham Weaponry A4 is the only one that comes close, but it still misses on a couple details. FN isn't making theirs anymore as far as I know, but it misses on a couple details as well. Forget about PSA, they don't have a clue.

View Quote

FN Military Collector rifles are still being produced afaik.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:12:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All this.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are 100% correct @556Cliff and I feel the same way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting, I thought they haven't been making them for a while. They weren't even listed on their website a couple of years ago when I last looked.

Compared to Aero and especially PSA they might be worth considering. Hopefully they switched to using 7075 receiver extensions on their A4s... That's always been a mystery that they haven't cleared up.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#24]
I have a BCM A4 and it’s fine. Not as accurate as I’d prefer but it’s certainly “govt” accurate and reliability has been great.

Doing it over I’d scoop the Colt A4 of the FN military collection A4 instead.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You are 100% correct @556Cliff and I feel the same way.
View Quote

And Texas is way better than Washington.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a complete Sabre Defense rifle from DTS Guns using a brand new original Sabre upper. Doesn't get much more authentic than that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top