Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/7/2022 12:02:45 PM EDT
If you guys are interested, here is my take. Slingster takes it with one big exception that might make all the difference to you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HF4dabLjtl4
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
What's the one big exception you are referencing?
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Every time I use something else I go right back to the VCAS. Over a decade of use without having to fight it.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the one big exception you are referencing?
View Quote

The pad is thicker on the BFG. Everything else I’d say the Ferro does better. IMO, ymmv.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 9:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Every time I use something else I go right back to the VCAS. Over a decade of use without having to fight it.
View Quote

It seems to me that they are all so close that if you find one you really like there is little reason to switch.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 12:26:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Right here. Every damn time.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. All I use. Since 2007.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 10:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.

Tried 6-7 others, everything I own now is VCAS with the exception of 1 Tactical Link for sentimental reasons.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I've never tried anything else other than the BFG because I like them and am comfortable with them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#9]
BFG really is where it's at ????

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 10:10:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Never cared for padded slings, waste too much of the adjustment.

Plus let's be honest...Every adjustable 2-point sling is just a spin off from the VCAS with a slightly different adjustment tab/pull ring/pull tab/ whatever.

If you look at the adjustment mechanism on a VTAC sling and a quick release buckle on an Alice pack, you will be shocked as to the similarity....
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top