Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/7/2018 2:51:54 PM EDT
I'd like an easy way to transport my AR pistol, preferably in a hard-sided case or a padded bag. My pistol is right at 26" long, and 9 1/4" tall measured from the bottom of the pistol grip to the top of the optic.

What are y'all using?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I use this Phitz Concert Ukulele case-

Works great and has big pockets to store mags in it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazon Product
  • Smallest AR-15 case available
  • Durable nylon, water-resistant outer shell with padded divider that protects gun parts and optics
  • Fits firearms up to 27"

I'm quite happy with the one I picked up for a friend's first rifle. It's not a pelican but it definitely seems plenty well enough made, and solidly padded too.

Got mine from Bud's Gun Shop, that's where I found the best price, but Amazon was easier to link.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:04:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RMFMSI'm quite happy with the one I picked up for a friend's first rifle. It's not a pelican but it definitely seems plenty well enough made, and solidly padded too.

Got mine from Bud's Gun Shop, that's where I found the best price, but Amazon was easier to link.
View Quote
Looks perfect for both two pistols.  Now all I would need is extra pocket for .22 upper.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 6:36:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Looks perfect for both two pistols.  Now all I would need is extra pocket for .22 upper.
View Quote
Just stack 'em in there. It's got two pockets for mags, you could also try putting on end of it in there to help hold it a little more closely.

Gonna be making (helping) my friend to build her own rifle, so all the parts currently are just going to be floating freely or in their respective baggies, and it actually carries just fine.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91AmDdMVs1L._SL1500_.jpg

View Quote
Lmao. I’ll try that. This is my office wall:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 1:32:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm using a Midway USA brand 29" nylon tactical case for my 12" 6.5 Grendel pistol.   On sale now for $24.99, really a decent case for the price.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939143291/midwayusa-heavy-duty-tactical-rifle-case
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 11:53:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RMFMSI'm quite happy with the one I picked up for a friend's first rifle. It's not a pelican but it definitely seems plenty well enough made, and solidly padded too.

View Quote
Snagged a pic from an Amazon review. Looks good.

Question are there any straps on the bag so you can carry it on your shoulder?

Edit: Per another review - no shoulder strap. I like shoulder straps on gun cases.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 12:16:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91AmDdMVs1L._SL1500_.jpg

View Quote
Nice find. Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 1:39:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Phitz makes great cases. Chicago based company.  I had trouble finding a case that would fit my pistol with a cantilever mounted flashlight. These cases work great.

Nothing screams gun, like a fat guy walking around with a tennis racquet case, in the middle of a Wisconsin winter.

Now a fat guy with a ukulele case, no one bats an eye!
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 7:54:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Phitz makes great cases. Chicago based company.  I had trouble finding a case that would fit my pistol with a cantilever mounted flashlight. These cases work great.

Nothing screams gun, like a fat guy walking around with a tennis racquet case, in the middle of a Wisconsin winter.

View Quote
Plus, if anyone does ask about it, just respond “Oh, I play a little guitar!”

They’ll roll their eyes and walk away.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I just ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009WO46X2/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's got some decent reviews, doesn't scream "gun" and at $53.20 delivered won't break the bank.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I use this NC Star case.

Link Posted: 12/13/2018 1:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I use this NC Star case.

Link Posted: 12/14/2018 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats my concern with using an instrument or sports related case. Someone is going to want to strike up a conversation about something I know zilch about.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 7:58:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Based on your recommendation and looking at the case, I ordered one yesterday through Amazon.  With Prime, it's supposed to hit my door tomorrow.  I've got a cheap gun show 26" case to compare it against.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Using the Silver/Green(?) 5.11 Covrt regular. Added fluorescent Orange Bungee to the outer loop portion, and have a can of Tennis Balls stuck in there
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top