[#1]
CMMG

Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:51:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

CMMG

View Quote

Mine had the gas port cut on the edge of a land/groove.

Would cut the jackets off bullets, and would shave platings clean off took me two years to trace it back to the barrel.

I have an 8" Seeking now. Perfection.

I'd go Seekins or Noveske.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mine had the gas port cut on the edge of a land/groove.

Would cut the jackets off bullets, and would shave platings clean off took me two years to trace it back to the barrel.

I have an 8" Seeking now. Perfection.

I'd go Seekins or Noveske.
View Quote

I wouldnt mind the noveske. Just wish they sold it plain without a gas block so I could add an adjustable easily

Good point you bring up there though.

Going to be shooting lead and plated bullets on the regular so
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my 8.3" Ballistic Advantage Hanson series.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 5:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
BA, Faxon, Rosco....plus a lot of the higher end places.  Plenty of good barrels to be had.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 6:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wouldnt mind the noveske. Just wish they sold it plain without a gas block so I could add an adjustable easily

Good point you bring up there though.

Going to be shooting lead and plated bullets on the regular so
View Quote

I have the Noveske. I have found the gas block to work with everything I load.  There are some powders you just don't want to use, and the science is pretty well known by now. I run 205gr and 190 gr subs and 125gr supers. Lil Gun and something else that I can't remember right now.

With the amount I save reloading my own .300, there is no way I would cheap out and use lead.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 12:13:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I have two 8" Ballistic Advantage modern series barrels and both shoot very well. Great barrels for the price.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top