Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 10:59:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2021 11:35:25 PM EDT by JRBilt]
So I decided to build another rifle and chose to go with all ambi controls on it for all the tacticool points. I figured it would be a good idea to learn to shoot and manipulate my rifle on my weak side, so what the heck, why not make it easier with ambi controls. I went with aero precision ambi bolt catch, kac ambi mag release, radian ambi safety, and geissele ambi charging handle. Had to machine the bolt catch area all the way through in order to install the ambi bolt catch. Here’s my build.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 8:29:30 AM EDT
Right handed fire? So you would be learning the ambi side of that catch using your strong side, no?

Do you thumb the right side paddle with your right hand while holding the grip?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:10:07 AM EDT
With the money you invested in that build why not just buy an American Defense ambi lower?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:50:02 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RichardStein:
Right handed fire? So you would be learning the ambi side of that catch using your strong side, no?

Do you thumb the right side paddle with your right hand while holding the grip?
View Quote

Yes, right handed fire. And yes. I run the bad lever on my other ar, so the learning curve would be learning where the bolt catch is with my trigger finger.

No, my thumb doesn’t reach that far.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:04:34 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rdot:
With the money you invested in that build why not just buy an American Defense ambi lower?
View Quote

This lower used to be mated to a 16” bcm upper, but I gave that upper to my wife, so this ended up being an extra lower. I would really like the lmt Mars ambi lower, but I wasn’t aware of the adm one. Hmm, I’ll look into it. Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:09:56 PM EDT
Get that commie CA rifle outta here!

LOL
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:19:37 PM EDT
Looks good!

I've got a Six8 UCIW that's full ambi. Hopefully the ATF will sign off on the form 4 soon.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:46:21 PM EDT
I like your CA compliance tricks.  I like the Hogue mag lock system too.  Done it to most of my AR's.
Top Top