Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/20/2019 3:18:52 PM EDT
I had to take my Sig suppressor muzzlebrake QD off of my Ruger when I sent it in. Now that I got the rifle back from Ruger I need to clean off the old Rockset in the muzzlebrake and find a new single use Rockset packet for cheap. I don't want to pay $2 for Rockset and $9 for shipping.

How to clean off old Rockset and find a new Single-Use Rockset packet?
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It should clean off with water and a brass/stiff nylon brush. It may help to soak it a bit though. It's water soluble.

As for single use packets, I put up WTB ads in the EE and the first 2 were dried out but the third one was good. AAC also sells single use packets here for $3 plus $3 for shipping.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Hot water and a brush will take rockset off.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 3:59:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a single serve packet I could send your way but i'm not sure if it's dried out or not. It's been in the shed for a few weeks in the cold so it may not be any good.

However, if the packet isn't any good and I can find a suitable container to put some in i'll send ya some from my big bottle stash...shipping on me.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a bottle on eBay years ago from them. Still fluid and fine.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish Surefire would just sell the little packets or FLEXBAR SHOULD SELL THEM!
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:20:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish Surefire would just sell the little packets or FLEXBAR SHOULD SELL THEM!
View Quote
Right? Rocksett and shim accessory packs.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bought a bottle on eBay years ago from them. Still fluid and fine.
View Quote
MPro-7 will probably remove the residue with a cleaning brush.

My Rocksett bottle separated and is liquid on top and solid on the bottom.  It is at least 5 years old.  I take a screwdriver and scrape up the goods and mix it up a bit.  The stuff still works. Removing a flash hider still takes boiling hot water and a ten minute soak.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I did this same thing, even same muzzle device. I dunked it in boiling water for about 5 minutes, removed the device. Then wiped off as much Rocksett as possible. I then used a hook that comes in a hook and pin set from hardware store. The same ones the locksmiths use. It got it all off completely.

All the single use packets I get with muzzle devices are always dried out. I suggest just buying a bottle. Worth it. I will look and see if I have any packets for you
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Chase the threads.

Go to a local sot and see if they have some
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#10]
You might as well just buy a bottle of Rocksett.    Last one I had finally gave up the ghost after a decade of being stored in hot/cold garages.   New bottle will no doubt last another decade.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:12:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Might I suggest hot water.   Last time I had to remove a FH with Rockset I set it is real hot water and it came off right away
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
The single use packets are only good for about a year before they go bad according the guy I spoke to a flexbar.

The bottle of it will last a long time. That is why they don't sell the single use packets, they would have to make them to order and it's not worth it to them just FYI.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Might I suggest hot water.   Last time I had to remove a FH with Rockset I set it is real hot water and it came off right away
View Quote
Thanks....muzzlebrake is already off.

I just need to clean it and put it back on.
Link Posted: 2/20/2019 10:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
I think I paid $15-$20 shipped for a giant bottle of the stuff.  I’ve installed probably 20-30 muzzle devices in that time and have about 95% of it left.  Seems to last awhile, too.  I’ve probably had the bottle for 4-5 years at this point.
Link Posted: 2/21/2019 12:06:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Big bottles last for a while, but not forever.  The single use packets seem to dry up at the store, however I am in Phoenix.

recent discussion I started

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Does-Rocksett-Expire-/20-496848/?r=-1&page=1&anc=5077393#i5077393
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks....muzzlebrake is already off.

I just need to clean it and put it back on.
View Quote
Glad to assist...back when I asked the same question about removing a FH with Rockset, someone here suggested the hot water treatment

Boiled some water, into a tin can, hung the upper with the FH in the water and 20 min later came right off...

Link Posted: 2/22/2019 4:47:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Don't boil water just put a wrench to it and turn.  Clean FH in the solvent tank with a wire brush if I'm going to reuse it.  Got a 4 oz bottle that has last years here in Astan.  The small packets of Rocksett are always dried out here before use.

CD
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top