Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2020 12:25:57 PM EDT
And where to source parts.

I have an old Dalphon AR 9 kit that uses modified Sten mags.
it runs well, but is an A2 upper receiver with the ejector built in.
I want to use my lower, which would mean installing an ejector.
I would also want to switch out the upper to a flat top.

I will then use Glock mags with an adapter.

any suggestions?

The Dalphon runs well, but the company is no longer in existence, and I want to be able to put a red dot on it for PCC.

thanks,
TShark
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Glock mag adapters come w/ an ejector on the mag block.

You'll need a different bolt and bbl for Glock mags.

Put a railed forend on your existing gun, install the reddot on the forward rail like the Army does w/ our M16A2s.  Best of both worlds.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an Olympic Arms upper.

"Put a railed forend on your existing gun, install the reddot on the forward rail like the Army does w/ our M16A2s" What? We used the supplied gooseneck mount that came with the Aim Points before we got the M4s.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glock mag adapters come w/ an ejector on the mag block.

You'll need a different bolt and bbl for Glock mags.

Put a railed forend on your existing gun, install the reddot on the forward rail like the Army does w/ our M16A2s.  Best of both worlds.
View Quote

So the ejector wouldn't match up to the existing bolt?

Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  It's an Olympic Arms upper.

"Put a railed forend on your existing gun, install the reddot on the forward rail like the Army does w/ our M16A2s" What? We used the supplied gooseneck mount that came with the Aim Points before we got the M4s.
View Quote

Yeah, and after we got M4s, Uncle came out w/ a collapsible stock kit & the A4 rail kit to mount on A2s, so the Aimpoint mounts on the forend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 12:18:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  So the ejector wouldn't match up to the existing bolt?
View Quote

You have an Olympic system they designed to use an ejector in the upper.  It works, you have mags, the world's gone crazy right now.  You're wanting to build 87% of a new gun when all you need to do is put a railed forend on your existing rifle.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:03:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You have an Olympic system they designed to use an ejector in the upper.  It works, you have mags, the world's gone crazy right now.  You're wanting to build 87% of a new gun when all you need to do is put a railed forend on your existing rifle.
View Quote

Yep, when you put it that way.

the only thong is the A2 carry handle and sight in the way.
I guess I could put the  railed fore end on and a forward mounted Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: Yep, when you put it that way.

the only thong is the A2 carry handle and sight in the way.
I guess I could put the  railed fore end on and a forward mounted Aimpoint.
View Quote

That's what the Army did.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I was going to suggest getting the gooseneck mount if you can find one. As far as mounting the Aimpoint on a front rail I guess it will be ok if it's stable enough.

Six years in the infantry and I've never seen an Aimpoint mounted on a front rail. Somebody may have done it but I doubt it's doctrine.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 10:09:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was going to suggest getting the gooseneck mount if you can find one. As far as mounting the Aimpoint on a front rail I guess it will be ok if it's stable enough.

Six years in the infantry and I've never seen an Aimpoint mounted on a front rail. Somebody may have done it but I doubt it's doctrine.
View Quote

It's a kit.  Collapsible stock, railed forend, Aimpoint.  Don't ask me for the NSN.

Oh, and the H6 buffer.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top