Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2018 10:33:00 AM EDT
How does 300blk perform from a 6" bbl?

Also, i have a Form 1 suppressor with SS baffles. So, I was wondering about baffle errosion from a 6" bbl.

Edit: for subs
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 10:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
How does 300blk perform from a 6" bbl?

Also, i have a Form 1 suppressor with SS baffles. So, I was wondering about baffle corrosion from a 6" bbl.
View Quote
Subs or supers? V7 and KAK have 6" barrels. Sig's rattler is using some really short barrels albeit they are using some tight twists (1:5) for the heavier rounds.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 11:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Subs or supers?

Snip.
View Quote
Subs
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 12:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
The Q Honey Badger uses a 6" barrel also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Subs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Subs
For subs only I think you will be fine.

Quoted:
The Q Honey Badger uses a 6" barrel also.
I see it listed at 7" with a 1:5 twist. I'm looking to snag an upper or ideally a barrel from them.
Link Posted: 2/20/2018 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

snip

I see it listed at 7" with a 1:5 twist. I'm looking to snag an upper or ideally a barrel from them.
View Quote
This would be my ideal bbl.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have run a KAK 6.25" for over a year, subs work great.  I have tried several different loads most factory loads push out the end at around 940 FPS.  Hand loads can get to 1050 FPS no problem.

Accuracy at 25 yards is one ragged hole with 208 AMAX hand loads.  Most sub loads at 100 yards i am getting 3 to 4 inch groups with a red dot, maybe it's just me but usable accuracy.

supers work good too, just a little slower around 1800 FPS but plenty of usable speed for inside 200 yards with 110g tacx.  I do not do much suppers because my can is always on and it's way over gassed with supersonic suppressed. plus i am zeroed with subs so i am 90% subs with the ability to through out a supper if i need, just got to learn your holds when switching between to wildly different loads.
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 4:09:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Same as poster right above me. KAK baby blonde, works great. Shoot mostly supers with an Omega 9K. Zero baffle erosion. Got a buddy to turn me a YHM Adapter for the Omega 9K so I can mount it on a Wraith FH. Otherwise I run a blast shield on there (aluminum, duracoted).

I did ensure my gas port was a full healthy .125 and use a SLR Ti adjustable block, which very annoyingly is NOT NOT NOT immune to seizing up if you don't fuck with it periodically to keep it from carbon-freezing.

Getting subs to run actually SUB without a can is a bitch, plain and simple. Plan on cutting coils off your buffer spring. I cut a third off the outer spring of my MVB ARC. Now I switched to a Maxim so I have the JP SCS w/heavy weight in their. I mainly use supers anyway, magic bullets are barnes 110 or 120 tac-tx. Just use a can to take it to the hairy edge of hearing safe.

Additionally, mine works fine with my gen 1 bfs trigger, with no shimming in a 2A balios lower. I can mag dump or do double taps with virtually no BUD engagements. I am running a boomfab carrier, however.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
great info. I haven't seen anyone comment on baffle errosion.

Quoted:
snip

........... So, I was wondering about baffle errosion from a 6" bbl.

Edit: for subs
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 11:03:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@gotigers this may interest you.

I got one on order.

https://liveqordie.com/products/honey-badger-by-q-barrel-assembly?variant=7871891275804
View Quote
hmmm , i think i need one of those
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread is relevant to my interests.  I'm seriously considering picking up a Barnes Precision SBR in .300.

But the barrel length will be chosen to be the shortest that allows an Allen Engineering suppressor system to be mounted.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I have had a 6.25” Baby Blond for a year, it was on an SBR for my boys to hunt with. It’s run great, but I don’t shoot it unsuppressed. I honestly haven’t worried about baffle erosion, even on the titanium can I’ve been using.

I haven’t chrono’d it, but performance on deer wasn’t impressive. I’m planning on moving it to a full auto host lower with a SS can and building something different, maybe a 10.5” Blackout, for them to hunt with.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top