Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2021 5:48:05 PM EDT
For the upper where the bolt reciprocates, what kind of wear do y’all get with Cerakote? Thinking maybe Cerakote on a build but wondered how it took to wear in this area.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you care if the inside of the weapon is cerakoted? If you shoot it’s going to be black anyway.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:03:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why do you care if the inside of the weapon is cerakoted? If you shoot it’s going to be black anyway.
View Quote

My guess is because the parts generally get sprayed separately, and cerakote gets inside the upper?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got one that was done in white. It has held up surprisingly well after maybe 200 rounds?  It turns a bit grey from all the carbon embedded in the pores.

I don’t think this upper was dry film coated inside.  I kinda expected it to wear or flake.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It's an epoxy paint.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 9:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you applying the cerakote or having it done professionally? You could always roll up paper towels or place something in the upper to avoid painting the bearing surfaces.

Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Sounds like you wasted the press of the "reply" button because you have no clue.

Op, cerakote wears off in there.

See how hard it is to answer a simple question?
There should be a BAN button
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank you.

I don’t care what it looks like, I’m concerned about carrier steel on raw aluminum wearing into it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top