Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 9:25:51 PM EDT
I have a couple of questions on the Holosun 510c. I am looking for anyone who has used them or are using them now. I'm thinking about putting this either on my KSG 12ga shotgun or an A2 build that I just picked up. This rifle will be my interpretation of an IDF rifle. I have a few retro rifles and I'm doing one with modern furniture on it. This build has scuffs and things on the receiver and its an old truck gun. Its not something I will baby. Its just a good solid rifle that has been beat to hell.  

The emitters in the back and solar panels, have you had any problems with them getting blocked?

Would you consider this a hard use optic?

Tell me your overall thoughts on this optic. Its one that may or may not see a class at some point. I kind of want to take a class using either one of my A1, C7 or A2 builds.

I keep seeing Eddy Galiger (former SEAL that was tried for war crimes) using one on Instagram. I don't know if he is sponsored by them or if its his person use optic. I see him training with it and it intrigued me. The only reason I am even looking at this optic is because of PayPal. They are holding my funds. I can't transfer them but I can buy using those funds in my account. I found one on eBay brand new and I think I can get it rather cheap. I have a Trijicon MRO red dot coming and I'm still on the hunt for an Aimpoint Pro. I just can't find one used for less than what a new one cost.

Thanks for any and all information you can give me on the 510c. It looks like a nice optic that I can abuse but I want some real world feedback and not someone from YouTube.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]

I have a 510 mounted on my Scorpion and have banged it around using it for PCC competition.  Not an expert by any means, but I am really happy with mine.

My 510 has seen rain and been in and out of barriers and snagged on walls.  Other than crazy snow or ridiculous dust or mud, you should not have a problem with the panels getting blocked.  Your emitter COULD get something on it that might screw up your projection, but from my experience so far, it seems to stay pretty clean on it's own.

Search on youtube some more - there is a really impressive torture test of the 510.  Lense gets destroyed and it is still somewhat working through the cracked lense.  They run over it with a car and that is what finally kills it....on the second pass lol.  

Overall, I am really happy with mine.  I ran it with the stock mount for a while and then put an American Defense one on and am just as happy with that.  If I had to pick any weak points - it would be the exposed emitter at the back but any projection holo like this will have that same potential issue with stuff blocking it.  Mine has seen some abuse getting banged around and has held zero on the Scoprion.  I would have no issues at all mounting it on a shotgun with the heavy recoil.  It feels solid and is obviously well built.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:51:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I have seen that video and it was one that got me to this sight. I may pick one up and run it on my shotgun. Its one that I use for home defense.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a few HS510c's that I use for USPSA and Steel Challenge.  The only issue I've had is getting caught in a rainstorm and having water get on the emitter.  It created many dots on the front screen.  Possible to wipe off, or just try to concentrate on the one in the center.
For hard use I'd suggest the HS512c as it's a closed system and immune to the issue of water or dirt getting on the emitter.

ETA: I prefer the optic to be lower 1/3 cowitness.  For the HS510c I use Holosun's spacer, and for the HS512c a 1/2" riser.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 5:36:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've got a few HS510c's that I use for USPSA and Steel Challenge.  The only issue I've had is getting caught in a rainstorm and having water get on the emitter.  It created many dots on the front screen.  Possible to wipe off, or just try to concentrate on the one in the center.
For hard use I'd suggest the HS512c as it's a closed system and immune to the issue of water or dirt getting on the emitter.

ETA: I prefer the optic to be lower 1/3 cowitness.  For the HS510c I use Holosun's spacer, and for the HS512c a 1/2" riser.  YMMV.
View Quote

Thanks. I am waiting for the 512c to come back in stock. Its the same sight basically as the 510c. It has been a hard one to find.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 7:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks. I am waiting for the 512c to come back in stock. Its the same sight basically as the 510c. It has been a hard one to find.
View Quote

The 512c is worth the wait in my opinion.  Yes, it's a bit smaller than the 510c, but I wouldn't argue the difference, and the fact that the emitter is enclosed makes it better for adverse conditions.
Either way, they both work.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 9:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The 512c is worth the wait in my opinion.  Yes, it's a bit smaller than the 510c, but I wouldn't argue the difference, and the fact that the emitter is enclosed makes it better for adverse conditions.
View Quote

I really like the 512c and its on my list to get when back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it’s going on anything beyond a range/fun/competition gun, that would be my suggestion as well.

As far as durability, I’ve been using them competitively since introduction. I’ve got one with about 80k rounds on it... lots of travel, trips to the dump barrel, drops, a trip to the bottom of a pond... Never had so much as a loss of zero.

I’m not crazy about where they’re made, but it’s a solid product.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 9:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If it’s going on anything beyond a range/fun/competition gun, that would be my suggestion as well.

As far as durability, I’ve been using them competitively since introduction. I’ve got one with about 80k rounds on it... lots of travel, trips to the dump barrel, drops, a trip to the bottom of a pond... Never had so much as a loss of zero.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not to hung up on where things are made. I buy American made products when I can and when I can afford them. Holosun optics just hit the budget that I have to work with most of the time. My next optics will be an Aimopoint Pro and a Holosun 530g. I have a Trijicon MRO and an Meprolight M21. Unless I sell the M21. I love the sight but want something different.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top