Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2018 9:45:19 AM EDT
Just got one thursday. Mounted on pencil barrel mid-length PSA. Zeroed, about 120 rounds LC M193. Love the "auto on/off" feature. Put a FSB mounted Surefire 200 on it this morning. Going to use it for grab-n-go garage gun (rural, mostly animals of 4 legged variety).

Sorry, no pics.

Anyone have long-term experience with Holosun?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Recently got a Holosun HS510C that was DOA out of the box. Its on its way back to Holosun for warranty repair/replace.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just got one thursday. Mounted on pencil barrel mid-length PSA. Zeroed, about 120 rounds LC M193. Love the "auto on/off" feature. Put a FSB mounted Surefire 200 on it this morning. Going to use it for grab-n-go garage gun (rural, mostly animals of 4 legged variety).

Sorry, no pics.

View Quote
I've got a few Holosun optics.  Oldest one is around 3 years old or so.  They've all been beat around pretty good.  I've got a 403C (solar panel on top), that's been riding on my trunk gun which is a 10.5" AR pistol in the trunk of my car for over a year in Texas heat.  I typically shoot it everytime I go to the range.  Still hanging in there on the original battery.  Not that that's a really long time or anything.  I've had a bunch of Primary Arms dots too and they've been great.  My oldest one is pushing 9 or 10 years old and it's one of the old units with a 1000 hr battery life.  That sight has been beat to hell and back on various rifles and is still going strong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 510c on my AR.
Also have the 403B on a shockwave. Can't wait to see how the 403B holds up. I got really lucky and scored the 403B for $100.

The 510c was $200 after a 20% off eBay code
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Recently got a Holosun HS510C that was DOA out of the box. Its on its way back to Holosun for warranty repair/replace.
View Quote
Did you install the battery upside down like a lot of people have done?
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:55:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had a 403A going on 5 years.  After several carbine classes and over 5K rounds downrange it's been rock solid. The dot is sharp and the glass is clear with a very slight blue tint. I've also had a 403B for 3 years.

I don't abuse my equipment but I do use it regularly and, occasionally roughly. Both sights have held up well.

Outstanding red dots for the price.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top