Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2018 8:11:10 PM EDT
Looking to put a Hiperfire 24E trigger in my pistol build. The website says it is for standard lowers using "small pins." I have a Mil-Spec lower, will I be alright or should I be looking for a different trigger?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#1]
You'll be fine unless otherwise stated. 99% of ARs have the small pins (0.154"). I have the 24C with the "gray" toggle springs installed on my little M&P 15-22. Tests out to a little under 2.0 lbs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Hyperfire 24E in one of my rifles; works with the standard (small) pins of any typical mil-spec lower.  Though not ‘mil-spec’ design, they are nice triggers for the money.

But here in Florida, just be careful it doesn’t cause your finger to toggle the trigger faster!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#3]
So I’m new to buying parts online and building in general but I’d like to know why JoeBob can sell a Hiperfire 24E for $129 while everyone else sells them for $170-$215.

Am I getting the same trigger or is it like a few years old model or something like that?
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 7:56:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So I’m new to buying parts online and building in general but I’d like to know why JoeBob can sell a Hiperfire 24E for $129 while everyone else sells them for $170-$215.

Am I getting the same trigger or is it like a few years old model or something like that?
View Quote
I bought a Hiperfire 24E trigger from JoeBobs not too long ago and it is very nice.  I am sure that Joebob gets the product for a very good price and passing on the savings to customers.  Also likely that they have a large inventory of them that they are trying to whittle down.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nature of the business. JoeBob's will have good deals cut with a manufacturer / distributor and some like Primary Arms will have similar deals with other folks. At times there will be crazy deals on discontinued or to be discontinued items. Just do a little research if concerned.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 4:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You'll be fine unless otherwise stated. 99% of ARs have the small pins (0.154"). I have the 24C with the "gray" toggle springs installed on my little M&P 15-22. Tests out to a little under 2.0 lbs.
View Quote
I have the Hiperfire 24-C in my 15-22 also. You should probably look into the colt 901 pins for the 15-22 (unless you have already), they are slightly longer so they are flush with the polymer receiver of the 15-22.  You can order the 901 pins from Geissele.
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have the Hiperfire 24-C in my 15-22 also. You should probably look into the colt 901 pins for the 15-22 (unless you have already), they are slightly longer so they are flush with the polymer receiver of the 15-22.  You can order the 901 pins from Geissele.
View Quote
Thanks. I saw that a while back. Pretty cool. I installed the extended KNSs. Love that trigger. Took me about 3 attempts to get the keeper to lock in with those gray toggle springs. Actually caught it on a decent sale last year. Believe it was ol' Joe Bobs. I really appreciate the engineering behind it and seems very well made and heavy duty.
Link Posted: 4/21/2018 5:09:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Without looking it up for you I figure Joe Bobs is the older version which is perfectly fine and not really any different.  Hiperfire just recently (past couple months) redone their triggers and have been unloading their older ones at cheap rates.  JoeBobs is one of the places along with AIM Surplus, Optics Planet and a few others that sold their triggers for really great prices.  I picked up a EDT2 for about $55 that I loved but didn't get the chance to buy more before they were all gone.

The only difference on the old EDT2 for $55 on sale and the new "Big Gunner" or some stupid name like that for $90+ is the new trigger has a saw tooth design on the back of the trigger itself.  I watched a video of Hiperfire describing the differences and this is the only change I could see done to the EDT line and they said the saw tooth design was put there because it looked cool and the customers would love it.  I guess I am the exception, I am not into that type of thing and while it isn't a bad trigger at $90 it's almost not worth it.  At $55-60 it was an amazing trigger.

Now on their more expensive models the 24 whatevers I believe there was an actual upgrade on the newer models but I don't think it was anything significant.  Other then the saw tooth design on the back of the trigger I believe they made a cutout in the trigger itself like the EDT line already had so blown primers would not get stuck in/under the trigger.  I could be wrong on that, going off memory from a couple months ago but it isn't anything I'd worry about if it was that much difference in price.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:50:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Without looking it up for you I figure Joe Bobs is the older version which is perfectly fine and not really any different.  Hiperfire just recently (past couple months) redone their triggers and have been unloading their older ones at cheap rates.
View Quote
That’s what I was thinking was going on but I wasn’t sure if there were any significant changes. Thanks man.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:44:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I just picked one up at opticsplanet for $116 shipped.  I should have it in about a week.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks. I saw that a while back. Pretty cool. I installed the extended KNSs. Love that trigger. Took me about 3 attempts to get the keeper to lock in with those gray toggle springs. Actually caught it on a decent sale last year. Believe it was ol' Joe Bobs. I really appreciate the engineering behind it and seems very well made and heavy duty.
View Quote
Went through my emails. Got the 24C back in November 2017 from Primary Arms. 179.99 plus a few bucks shipping. They have some great deals at times but you need to get on their email lists. Sometimes they sell out quickly. A few weeks a go I got a CMC 3.0-3.5lb single-stage for 89.99. Regular price was 210.00
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top