User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 42
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 10:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alaska511:
Pics will be taken.  Leaving in an hour!
Just lost 300 bucks so it is time to wipe off that shame with some M4 action.
Posting from the bar at Planet Hollywood.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
Just because this needs a bump...
My boss just surprised me with plans to make reservations for a group of us to visit BV for a session after our meetings in Vegas in March.
I am super jazzed!
I'm headed out there on 3/11. Plan on bringing my wife to BV since she's never shot full-auto.
We are booked for Thursday night!  Their HumVee is picking us up in from of the Hard Rock at 5:00

I fly out in a couple hours...
enjoy and have fun and don't forget the detailed report
Pics will be taken.  Leaving in an hour!
Just lost 300 bucks so it is time to wipe off that shame with some M4 action.
Posting from the bar at Planet Hollywood.
awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:33:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Okay, yeah, I need an M16 lower
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I am hooked!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:53:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Okay, yeah, I need an M16 lower
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]
I am hooked!
View Quote
What all did you shoot?  Did they let you take pics?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:26:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AS556] [#6]
Originally Posted By everready73:

View Quote
@HendersonDefense

Post Malone got to take pics

I demand arfcommers are allowed to take pics!!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By HendersonDefense:

You couldn't be any further from the truth with your opinion but I will enlighten you about what we do and how we do it.

First, every single day that I am there (and I work six days a week at least 10-12 hours a day) I hear "oh my God.. I had no clue that's what it's really like" or "how did those guys do it during (insert WWII, Korea, Vietnam, OIF, OEF)" and the "wow.. I never wanted to touch a gun in my life but that's the most fun I think I've ever had". The customers DO walk away with an appreciation that THEY have because 90% of our guests don't own a weapon, let alone have ever seen a real, functioning example in person. Their only knowledge of a gun is from a movie where some actor holds two Uzi's or AK's and sprays across the scene killing every bad guy in sight. My staff are allowed to talk ZERO politics with guests and it always puts a smile on my face when I hear "I am from NYC/San Francisco and we just don't like guns but wow... that was SO different than what I thought it was going to be like... can I buy something like this where I live".

Now, add to the fact that over 90% (actually higher but I don't have the time to do the math) of my staff are either prior service or still in the Guard/Reserves and the respect and appreciation factor just doubled with our guests. Every single one of my RSO's is prior service or Guard/Reserves (as well as all our drivers and my managers) and a majority of them are OIF/OEF combat vets. You can hear their appreciation when they start asking "so ALL of you were in the military.. my gosh, thank you so much for your service (and I would bet 99 out of 100 people have never uttered those words in their life).

As for the making money comment... I don't employ 58 people just to give me something to do, of course it's to make money just like any other business model. It's called capitalism and that's what we do. I don't judge people for their occupations because as long as it's legal and you feel comfortable with it, all the power to you.

I deal with GI's everyday that have heavy baggage they brought home with them from Iraq and Afghanistan. Nobody ever says the "PTSD" word because the minute you do, you're a "faggot" or "pussy". Meanwhile, as the employer I see it through their eyes and hear it in their words. I feel that I have a VERY generous policy towards PTO and if things are bugging you, take it. It also means that if you need to change from RSO to driver or driver to armorer, then so be it. It's put us in a bind more than once but since I claim we provide a "military experience", I as the employer, am also working in a "military experience". Everyday isn't sunshine and roses but I wouldn't trade a single one of my staff because they each bring their own "military experience" to work with them and that is what's made us so successful. I could go on and on about my staff because I know each of them by their name and they continue to raise the bar on what I think model employees should be. Quite a few of my guys are still in their twenties and medically retired from injuries they sustained while overseas. It lays heavy on my heart how these young men are so physically and emotionally damaged (IED's, blast injuries, falls, etc) but we adjust OUR schedule around them, not like most standard businesses.

Lastly, there are places like the ones you described here in Vegas. I know for a fact they are in it for the money and it's just an equation of how many customers can they get through the door and how fast can they get them through. They have the "gun girl" RSO's with hot pants, fishnet stockings and low-cut tops and that's 100% fine with me. They are providing a service to customers and they providing jobs. My problem is when they endanger employees and customers with shitty safety practices. We try to avoid hiring staff from other ranges because nobody wants retreads from places with bad practices but occasionally there are some gems among them. I know exactly how many ranges can give two shits about employees and lead hazards, throwing away filters contaminated with lead right into the garbage, writing employees up and firing them for having high lead levels (so OSHA doesn't find out how bad things are) or the TENS OF THOUSANDS of dollars we spend each month to ensure a safe environment for both my staff and guests. That may seem like a stretch to some of you but trust me, I would rather be spending that kind of money each month on something else but it what it is. It's the cost of doing business and keeping my staff safe.

As for the little girl in Arizona, the day that happened I had SO many of my RSO's come up to me and say, "damn Doc, you're right about those mini subguns". My staff had always asked for them (and the new RSO's as they came on board) but I always told them no little subguns unless we have a front strap for the wrist AND a suppressor. I must give credit to Tony D over at The Gun Store because he's the one that advised me specifically against the micro or mini Uzi's because of the rate of fire and transfer of weight with the heavy bolt causing the weapon to act like a teeter totter. I do have MAC's (.45, 9mm,.380) but again, they have huge and heavy Bower's suppressors to keep them down. Also, my staff has ALWAYS had the discretion to choose if a customer is suited for a particular weapon. If my RSO's don't feel comfortable with the customer and the weapons they chose, they are getting substituted with something can do and I usually refund the customer as well. It's worth the extra ammo so everybody is comfortable.

One last word about my staff. I hired a new driver two weeks ago. He initially turned in an application four weeks prior but let one of my managers know that he had used marijuana three weeks prior. My manager told him that we drug test and it wasn't a good idea to submit an application. He did come back in after waiting about three weeks and my manager spotted him submitting the application. He notified me and I told him lets review his application before just tossing it. Everything looked good; infantry E5 who was running and gunning and DD-214 matched up with application. I told my manager to go ahead and interview him on the spot. After all was said and done about his service, he called him out on smoking pot. He admitted that he's had issues adjusting since being home and he was hoping that it would help him relax but instead made him more depressed. He said he heard about a place where it' mostly GI's working together in a military-style environment and he was hoping he would fit in. I told my manager to hire him on the spot and start issuing him uniform, boots and get him out for a whiz quiz and background check ASAP. Two days later he walked up to me and asked if he could talk. I said of course as my staff know that I have an open-door policy for personal matters. He told me that he thinks this is the best thing that's ever happened. He said he's tried to get jobs at other places but when you go from 100 miles per hour to zero it hits you hard. When just a couple months ago when you were shooting people down range and you have your boys with you everyday life gets turned upside down when you can't talk about it with fellow employees who will think you're crazy and going to do something stupid. He looked at me with those same eyes I get from so many of the staff and said thank you for doing this. He said he needed to get back in uniform, he needed to talk to guys who are on his level and have been there, done that and can cope with words that come out of his mouth.

So, I am 100% at ease with myself, my business practices, my staff and the experiences that I feel our guests truly do appreciate here at Battlefield Vegas.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
New to this thread but you Sir earned my business with this response.  Thank you for your time and info.  See you in Vegas!
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AS556:

@HendersonDefense

View Quote
They let my dad film me shooting their minigun.

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
@HendersonDefense

View All Quotes

@HendersonDefense

Yeah I got some!  Let me get back to the house and I will get some up.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 5:24:44 AM EDT
[#10]
View All Quotes
I am hooked!
-Uzi
-MP5
-11.5" M16 w/ Comp M2 (my clear favorite)
-AK47 - Sucked!
-SAW

I am trying to get the pics uploaded to PB, I overwhelmed the mobile app LOL

Along with solidifying my desire for a FA lower for a toy, I have absolutely NO desire to own an AK.

As for the guys at BV, great crew!  They are on your hip, ready to put you down if you swing one of those MGs around!
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#11]

-Uzi
-MP5
-11.5" M16 w/ Comp M2 (my clear favorite)
-AK47 - Sucked!
-SAW

I am trying to get the pics uploaded to PB, I overwhelmed the mobile app LOL

Along with solidifying my desire for a FA lower for a toy, I have absolutely NO desire to own an AK.

As for the guys at BV, great crew!  They are on your hip, ready to put you down if you swing one of those MGs around!
View Quote
Just a suggestion, but a RDIAS is a better option.

The RDIAS is a simple design, and the block itself is the registered part, which means you can replace the pin and pivot (which don't wear much in the first place). You can also drop the RDIAS into a new lower if you want to.

With an NFA lower, if the lower is screwed, you're out the $XX,XXX.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bluemax_1:

Just a suggestion, but a RDIAS is a better option.

The RDIAS is a simple design, and the block itself is the registered part, which means you can replace the pin and pivot (which don't wear much in the first place). You can also drop the RDIAS into a new lower if you want to.

With an NFA lower, if the lower is screwed, you're out the $XX,XXX.
View Quote
+1, on the RDIAS, also 7.62x39 is much more controllable and fun on the AR platform and with a RDIAS, you can get an MGI lower or other lower that takes unmodified AK mags and drums.  Don't want to get too much off topic so you should really check out the M16 section here if you are serious to getting into it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2019 4:19:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Made it out to BV today with my beautiful wife. She shot a M4, Tommy Gun, SAW, MP5 and a full-auto G17C. The SAW was her favorite. The staff was great! From the nice woman that checked us in, the RSO and even the guy that drove us bank to the hotel. Top notch crew! Great to see veterans with a good place to work. Highly recommend checking out BV if you're ever in Vegas. We got 20% off rentals by mentioning arfcom. Thanks BV!

Link Posted: 3/13/2019 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:
Made it out to BV today with my beautiful wife. She shot a M4, Tommy Gun, SAW, MP5 and a full-auto G17C. The SAW was her favorite. The staff was great! From the nice woman that checked us in, the RSO and even the guy that drove us bank to the hotel. Top notch crew! Great to see veterans with a good place to work. Highly recommend checking out BV if you're ever in Vegas. We got 20% off rentals by mentioning arfcom. Thanks BV!

https://i.ibb.co/3W4wgp2/megsaw.jpg
View Quote
Lucky bastard!!
Not guilty!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HendersonDefense] [#15]
It's been forever since I've updated this post (and even been here on the forums).

After using the Palmetto State Armory 11.5" uppers for the last 2-3 years exclusively, we are now going to be using them for outdoor use and from this point unless the customer picks an actual 11.5" retro model to shoot. There are ZERO issues with the shorty uppers other than that barrel length being to violent on the rest of the platform. FCG pin holes constantly "egg" out, we constantly destroy the full-auto disconnectors and I believe that's why we break so many bolts. One more item of discussion is how often the FCG pins break on the shorty uppers in comparison to 14.5"-20" barrels. The longer barrels don't suffer from broken pins. We have two incidents on the range over the years with broken firing pins so we are now slowing switching over to KNS pins. Both incidents resulted in "run away" guns because of the broken pins.

Also, we had five of our "integrally suppressed" uppers from Keystone Arms returned to our retail store. Unfortunately, the threaded area where the endcap would fasten to the suppressor was destroyed on all of them when returned by the ATF. I wasn't aware of what happened during that whole situation but I guess it was over a 12 months ago and now that we have these uppers that are no longer suppressors (and missing all the suppressor internals), I started to at least try to recoup some of our money by putting the parts to use. The first thing I noticed were the Lantac nickel boron carriers looked REALLY nice. I've never spent money on the various upgraded carriers BUT I really think these will help in reducing our maintenance time. We put one on the line last Thursday and took it off the weapon off the line today and the carrier just wiped clean. The staff were scraping, picking and scrubbing for 15+ minutes.. just wiped it clean.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:40:12 PM EDT
[#16]
It's been forever since I've updated this post (and even been here on the forums).

After using the Palmetto State Armory 11.5" uppers for the last 2-3 years exclusively, we are now going to be using them for outdoor use and from this point unless the customer picks an actual 11.5" retro model. There is ZERO issues with the shorty uppers other than that barrel length being to violent on the rest of the platform. FCG pin holes constantly "egg" out, we constantly destroy the full-auto disconnectors and I believe that's why we break so many bolts. One more item of discussion is how often the FCG pins break on the shorty uppers in comparison to 14.5"-20" barrels. The longer barrels don't suffer from broken pins. We have two incidents on the range over the years with broken firing pins so we are now slowing switching over to KNS pins. Both incidents resulted in "run away" guns because of the broken pins.

Also, we had five of our "integrally suppressed" uppers from Keystone Arms returned to our retail store. Unfortunately, the threaded area where the endcap would fasten to the suppressor was destroyed on all of them when returned by the ATF. I wasn't aware of what happened during that whole situation but I guess it was over a 12 months ago and now that we have these uppers that are no longer suppressors (and missing all the suppressor internals), I started to at least try to recoup some of our money by putting the parts to us. The first thing I noticed were the Lantac nickel boron carriers looked REALLY nice. I've never spent money on the various upgraded carriers BUT I really think these will help in reducing our maintenance time. We put one on the line last Thursday and took it off the weapon off the line today and the carrier just wiped clean. The staff were scraping, picking and scrubbing for 15+ minutes.. just wiped it clean.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
thanks for the update , it's always appreciated
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:39:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Ron, what buffer are you running in those PSA 11.5s?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#18]
And what sort of round count are we talking before holes get egged and pins start breaking?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
thanks for the update , it's always appreciated
View Quote
We were using a mixture of H2 and H3.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:46:29 PM EDT
[#20]
First and foremost: Thank you Ron for taking the time to keep us enthusiasts updated with such a rich gold-mine of information.

Just looked at some retail prices for the Lantac E BCG: $261.00 is a bit spendy.

Any chance you might throw in some AIM Surplus NIB or plain PSA NIB bcgs for some hard running?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#21]

After using the Palmetto State Armory 11.5" uppers for the last 2-3 years exclusively, we are now going to be using them for outdoor use and from this point unless the customer picks an actual 11.5" retro model to shoot. There are ZERO issues with the shorty uppers other than that barrel length being to violent on the rest of the platform. FCG pin holes constantly "egg" out, we constantly destroy the full-auto disconnectors and I believe that's why we break so many bolts. One more item of discussion is how often the FCG pins break on the shorty uppers in comparison to 14.5"-20" barrels. The longer barrels don't suffer from broken pins. We have two incidents on the range over the years with broken firing pins so we are now slowing switching over to KNS pins. Both incidents resulted in "run away" guns because of the broken pins.

Also, we had five of our "integrally suppressed" uppers from Keystone Arms returned to our retail store. Unfortunately, the threaded area where the endcap would fasten to the suppressor was destroyed on all of them when returned by the ATF. I wasn't aware of what happened during that whole situation but I guess it was over a 12 months ago and now that we have these uppers that are no longer suppressors (and missing all the suppressor internals), I started to at least try to recoup some of our money by putting the parts to use. The first thing I noticed were the Lantac nickel boron carriers looked REALLY nice. I've never spent money on the various upgraded carriers BUT I really think these will help in reducing our maintenance time. We put one on the line last Thursday and took it off the weapon off the line today and the carrier just wiped clean. The staff were scraping, picking and scrubbing for 15+ minutes.. just wiped it clean.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Wait....what did I miss here?
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#22]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
I don't see this question being asked in the previous pages. Forgive me if I over looked it. Do you use 9310 and C158 bolts? If so, does one perform better than the other?
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 1:11:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Wait....what did I miss here?
View Quote
I don't know the whole back story but all of our Keystone Armory integrally suppressed M4's were picked up by ATF over 12 months ago. The agent that picked them up stated that they were two tax items and not one as they were sold to us. They were new in box when we sent they were collected and received scratched, destroyed uppers with no internals and the threading for the end cap destroyed on each upper. None of them came back with the locking lugs that secure the supperssor/shroud to the upper receiver so I guess we will have to make some new ones if we ever want use them again.

As for the returning of our property, the ATF agent is a gun guy and was really sorry for what we received. He knew exactly what we sent and he knows they didn't leave in the condition that we received them. He stated that we were lucky because there were quite few customers that didn't receive anything back. My wife did have her concerns when we sent them so she didn't provide them with the lower group and did not Form 3 them because she knew they would have to return them. The ATF agent told her that was a good thing with a wink.

V/R
Ron
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 1:58:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Veprz] [#24]

I don't know the whole back story but all of our Keystone Armory integrally suppressed M4's were picked up by ATF over 12 months ago. The agent that picked them up stated that they were two tax items and not one as they were sold to us. They were new in box when we sent they were collected and received scratched, destroyed uppers with no internals and the threading for the end cap destroyed on each upper. None of them came back with the locking lugs that secure the supperssor/shroud to the upper receiver so I guess we will have to make some new ones if we ever want use them again.

As for the returning of our property, the ATF agent is a gun guy and was really sorry for what we received. He knew exactly what we sent and he knows they didn't leave in the condition that we received them. He stated that we were lucky because there were quite few customers that didn't receive anything back. My wife did have her concerns when we sent them so she didn't provide them with the lower group and did not Form 3 them because she knew they would have to return them. The ATF agent told her that was a good thing with a wink.

V/R
Ron
View Quote
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer but imo..

They should be sued on principle. What was the purpose of sending them in? Either they are 2 stamp guns or not. How would the second stamp even work when the upper could just as easily go on a pistol lower? Or if the permanently attached suppressor/barrel assembly measures 16" or over?

Was missing internal components and the inability to accept a end cap conditional to receive the uppers back legally? Unless that is the case, Id say at the least they owe you the cost of replacing the uppers and possibly compensation for the inconvienence of being without your property for such a long period of time and lost rental income.

The cost of those uppers is probably peanuts to you, but thats surely not the case for others. Allowing them to perpertrate this type of abuse (if not legally valid) embolden's them to run wild on everyone. This is a nation of rule and law, and that applies to them as well. If they destroyed your property outside of the bounds of law they must make it right, as they sure as hell would make you do so if things were reversed. Holding them financially accountable for their actions will eventually make them have to seriously consider whether what they're doing is right or not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 11:52:57 AM EDT
[#25]
No progress on the LMT Enhanced bolts, eh Ron?
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:55:01 PM EDT
[#26]
@HendersonDefense

I'm late to the party, but I had a question if you don't mind.

Let's say you had to choose one M-forgery to be your own personal rifle for general self defense purposes (i.e. home defense, SHTF if you're into that type of thing, etc.).

We'll just say that cost isn't a factor, so it can be whatever you want, from a $400 PSA to a $1500 LMT. And you can outfit it however you want with rails and ambi controls. In short, money is no object.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 6:44:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:

Pretty sure there is MORE than enough data here to make that call.
View Quote
Maybe, maybe not. What he chooses for his range vs. his own personal gun are two very different thought processes. For the range, he's trying to get the best bang for his buck, so it's an entirely different cost benefit analysis.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#29]

V/R
Ron
View Quote
I find this story very disturbing... Im sure the ATF agent was really sorry Id be on the phone w/ a good lawyer... Thanks for taking time to post
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 12:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 6GUNZ:

Maybe, maybe not. What he chooses for his range vs. his own personal gun are two very different thought processes. For the range, he's trying to get the best bang for his buck, so it's an entirely different cost benefit analysis.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 6GUNZ:

From page 1:

I've always tried to purchase the best quality product that I could afford, be it the most expensive or the average cost. It's worth paying for quality because though a cheap BCG may tempt some others, it just means more jamming, less happy customers, more time with the armorers, less time making money, etc. The same goes with the barrels. I was BLOWN away one day when I walked back into the armory and one of the armorers said "doc, I hope you don't get pissed but one of your original barrels is done". I was the completely opposite of mad because I couldn't believe a J&T barrel lasted that long when I've always believe the old "25,000-30,000" barrel life for an AR/M4. It opened my eyes to all the things that I read previously and never had the time or money (wife has ALWAYS held on tight to the purse strings) to go shoot 50,000 rounds down range and verify for myself.
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Do you use 9310 and C158 bolts? If so, does one perform better than the other?
Link Posted: 3/31/2019 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By M4A1Carbine:

From page 1:
View Quote
Well he did say that the Colts, FNs, and LMTs all performed about the same. For his range, the Colts being half the price of the other two is going to make that decision for him. But fit and finish don't matter on his range, and accuracy doesn't matter either. So there could very well be reasons why he might prefer something other than Colt for his own personal use, money not being a serious consideration in that equation.
Link Posted: 4/10/2019 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Ron, First....my hat is off too you, thanks for all this info!
Second, would it be possible for you to take pics of weapons (AR's really) that have seen very high round counts?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 7:28:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HendersonDefense] [#34]
Here's one of our factory HK 416's after being on the line for approximately six months. I don't know the round count prior to us receiving it as it was a department trade-in but the lot of guns we received didn't appear to be abused or shot much.

V/R
Ron

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:11:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HendersonDefense] [#35]
......and one more now that it has been disassembled.

V/R
Ron

Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#36]
WOW. Thats surprising. what length barrel was on that 416?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#37]
......and one more now that it has been disassembled.

V/R
Ron

https://i.imgur.com/xELN3ad.jpg
View Quote
Disassembled is putting it mildly! Is that the new quick detach barrel system?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Wow....that seems to be way to early in its life
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#39]
German steel.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:31:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chango78] [#40]
An AH date code 416 would be a 2007 build so considering 14 years of full auto use between a PD and Battlefield Vegas... guessing it's a 10.5" barrel with no gas port too?

Yeah, no surprise it broke. Wonder how high the round count on that upper receiver was?

Anyway, that's not a hard part to get (and is interchangeable with the MR556) so I bet the thing is back on the line already?
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:51:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By chango78:
An AH date code 416 would be a 2007 build so considering 14 years of full auto use between a PD and Battlefield Vegas... guessing it's a 10.5" barrel with no gas port too?

Yeah, no surprise it broke. Wonder how high the round count on that upper receiver was?

Anyway, that's not a hard part to get (and is interchangeable with the MR556) so I bet the thing is back on the line already?
View Quote
you are assuming a heavy use life
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:57:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Clarke and Dawe - The Front Fell Off

Seriously though, with it being an LEO trade in, I think you'll have to give the gun a pass.  That's a lot of unknown history.  I'm curious to know what the barrel gauges out to with throat erosion and observed rifling wear.  That might speak volumes on just how much the gun has been used.

Also, hearing if HK is willing to send a new lower or at least comment on the failure would make for some nice follow up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2019 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Berit:
German steel.
View Quote
The Aluminum broke, and HK uses French steel for its barrels.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:42:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chango78] [#44]

View Quote
I am... but PD use is a fair bet since a shorty HK416 is probably gonna go to to an SWAT/ entry team with a heavier training regimen.

Heavy use at Battlefield Vegas is a given, however.

Still not a life-ending failure for the gun itself... a few hundred bucks for a new upper receiver (one of the cheaper HK416 parts,  BTW)  and the gun is GTG for a long time to come.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 8:01:22 AM EDT
[#45]
I am... but PD use is a fair bet since a shorty HK416 is probably gonna go to to an SWAT/ entry team with a heavier training regimen.

Still not a life-ending failure for the gun itself... a few hundred bucks for a new upper receiver (one of the cheaper HK416 parts,  BTW)  and the gun is GTG for a long time to come.
View All Quotes

No way, pd use is light at best and dont overestimate swat training, you'd be surprised how much or how little is live fire.  Joke at best imho, coming from family of blue with swat brother ironically.  Agree on bfvegas and rest however
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 9:06:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#46]
Originally Posted By Veprz:

They should be sued on principle. What was the purpose of sending them in? Either they are 2 stamp guns or not. How would the second stamp even work when the upper could just as easily go on a pistol lower? Or if the permanently attached suppressor/barrel assembly measures 16" or over?

Was missing internal components and the inability to accept a end cap conditional to receive the uppers back legally? Unless that is the case, Id say at the least they owe you the cost of replacing the uppers and possibly compensation for the inconvienence of being without your property for such a long period of time and lost rental income.

The cost of those uppers is probably peanuts to you, but thats surely not the case for others. Allowing them to perpertrate this type of abuse (if not legally valid) embolden's them to run wild on everyone. This is a nation of rule and law, and that applies to them as well. If they destroyed your property outside of the bounds of law they must make it right, as they sure as hell would make you do so if things were reversed. Holding them financially accountable for their actions will eventually make them have to seriously consider whether what they're doing is right or not.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Veprz:

V/R
Ron

If you're operating a business, you don't want to sue an agency that regulates your business unless you have to sue just to stay in business. The ROI for businesses suing regulatory agencies on principle is ugly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote
LOL.  TV is not reality.  PD use will be quite light, even if assigned to a SWAT/SRT type team.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#48]

No way, pd use is light at best and dont overestimate swat training, you'd be surprised how much or how little is live fire.  Joke at best imho, coming from family of blue with swat brother ironically.  Agree on bfvegas and rest however
View Quote
Who knows, every department is different and every officer has different levels of motivation to seek out training opportunities. The damage could be from other things too, like over-torqueing the barrel nut or beating an open hk 416 over a PITA coworker's head.

We'd need more info before we point and laugh at the broken teutonic rod of glory, that's all I'm trying to say.

It's cool to see BV using the real thing instead of those Titan Defense clones, however... this example aside, I'd be interested to hear how the 416s fare vs the clones and DI guns over there.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:18:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Unless it's been updated otherwise, the first page says they've had ARs with 200k + rounds and have never lost upper or lower.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Who knows, every department is different and every officer has different levels of motivation to seek out training opportunities. The damage could be from other things too, like over-torqueing the barrel nut or beating an open hk 416 over a PITA coworker's head.

We'd need more info before we point and laugh at the broken teutonic rod of glory, that's all I'm trying to say.

It's cool to see BV using the real thing instead of those Titan Defense clones, however... this example aside, I'd be interested to hear how the 416s fare vs the clones and DI guns over there.
View All Quotes

Page / 42
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top