Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2018 12:50:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used them in my 308 without any problems
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#2]
The ones I bought failed and would no longer feed rounds into my rifle. This was after gentle use, not knock down drag out training sessions. I won’t buy or recommend them especially with better products available for the same price. Ymmv
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 7:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I have 4 or 5 hexmag gen 1 magazines. Bought them online when they were on sale. $8 each I think.

They work, but I dont use them much. I would say they're about the same as MFT quality wise (ok, but not worth paying more than pmags)
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought a dozen gen1 before I realized they were getting ready to launch gen2.

I had a couple that had feeding issues. Contacted hexmag about it. They requested pictures of the side of magazine with the information on it, along with a picture of the floor plate.

I sent them the pictures, they replied back saying those were gen1 mags, then shipped me put a dozen gen2 to replace them for free. Said keep the gen1 if I wanted.

Zero issues with Gen2(this was a couple years ago and all gen1 mags have probably long since been gone).

If price was the same, I'd just buy pmags. But those hexmags and my Troy battle mags were bought at times when each we're on sale 7.99 and 6.99 respectively.

I'm not an 'operator', I just enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I buy and use all kinds of "off brand mags" for plinking and range use....AS LONG AS they are cheap and/or on sale. I don't/won't pay full price for any of them.

Hexmag, MFT, Ammend 2, Troy, Tapco, ASC, C-Prod., and probably more I can't think of. If and when they start acting up, in the trash they will go.

I really have never had any problem with any of them, and it keeps wear/use off my Pmags and GI mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:13:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 2:38:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IF you need 5.56x45 mags I have no idea WHY anyone would even consider going beyond the following brands...

Metal

Okay Industries (my personal choice!)
Brownells
D&H

Plastic

Magpul
Lancer
ETS
View Quote
There was a time when everyone said the same thing, but just for GI mags. That said, Hexmag doesn't seem to want to make it to that list very bad. I'd still rate them above Troy though.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I have 30....never had any issues.  Ready storage and range mags.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The point is GREAT magazines won’t wear out. Just look at the threads on U.S. GI mags from the sixties that are still going strong..
View Quote
How can a magazine not wear out with repeated use?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 2:58:56 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a bunch of them. No problems using either 300BO or 556.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:53:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I have used them in my 308 without any problems
View Quote
This has been my experience as well. They aren't as well built as the 308 PMags or the IMI 308 SR25 pattern mags but they work fine.

Now as far as the 556 mags, they work fine in my AR15s, not in my Tavor.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top