Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/24/2021 6:31:13 PM EDT
Hello,
I have a Anderson, I just bought mr first sling for it.

The quick release went in perfectly on the butt stock BUT on   on the forearm the hole for the quick release is bigger.  So I am assuming that there is a part that I need to reduce the hole opening so I can attach the sling. So what is the part name I am looking for? Thank you for your help. Also why isn’t it the same size of the one on the butt stock ? Is there a reason for it? Thanks Karl
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What brand is the sling?
Is this a complete Anderson rifle or is the handguard from a different manufacturer?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 8:37:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Midway... Grov tech QS sentinel 2 point sling product number
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Anderson AM-15. The buttstock has a standard QD attachment point (hole). The handguard is an A2 style with rows of top and bottom vent holes for heat. The gas block in front of the handguard has a rail on top but no QD attachment point. Not sure what you are referring to. A picture would help.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I just looked through the whole Anderson rifle lineup and don't see any of their rails having a QD hole for a sling. A picture would help us out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I think it is a manufacturing issue.

I have an Anderson stock on a complete Anderson lower build. 100% Anderson parts.

EVERY quick release swivel I have tried pulls out as soon as you put weight on it.  I have tried swivels from many different manufacturers. I am beginning to think the hole is just too big.

Probably will replace the stock.

While Anderson lowers are okay, I can see why their component parts are so cheap........because they are so cheap.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like the opening is not for a QD attachment.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#7]
A photo of the rifle upper, especially the "QD socket" and a good bit of the receiver and rail would be helpful.

It might just need a new aftermarket rail mounted QD socket.  Many rails simply don't have one.

Here's one from Magpul you can mount anywhere on a picatinny rail.  I'm sure there are similar ones for M-Loc and Keymod.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:00:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Yep That’s what I am going to buy
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#9]
If your rail has m-lok slots, I like these:

BCM MCMR QD Sling Mount
part#MCMR-SM

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep That’s what I am going to buy
View Quote

So what was the deal?
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 3:23:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So what was the deal?
View Quote

the hole in his handguard is likely just one of those holes that "look like" a QD attached point.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#12]
It's 2021, you gotta be able to post us a picture by now?  Thousand words and all.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sounds like the opening is not for a QD attachment.
View Quote

^^^^^^
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Whenever possible, I prefer to drill the hole out to the appropriate diameter, tap threads and screw in a GrovTec sling swivel base with some Loktite. Just be sure the hole diameter will not cause any issues and depth of the socket base will not touch the barrel.

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top