Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/13/2021 4:16:46 PM EDT
Whats up fellas - just received aero lower & sba3 ...now the expensive and confusing part begins.

Without going crazy in price - is there any benefit in building my own upper vs sourcing a good complete??

Example - If I can source a 5.56 BCM complete...in that price range (~800ish w/ BCG), am I going to piece together and build anything better, realistically?

If I piece together each item and build an upper...while keeping it in that price range, will it be hard to beat a BCM w/out spending a lot more?

I see in 5.56, BCM doesn't make an upper under 11.5...I kind of wanted a 10.5...is there any benefit to piecing together all BCM items (excluding barrel) and then getting a 10.5 barrel from say, aero, vs getting the complete 11.5?

Or I just can get a 10.5 from Aero for $500 (minus BCG, which I could source from BCM and still spend less), but where does this lack in comparison?

I'm kind of all over the place but I think you get the premise of what I'm asking - Theres just so many options and variables - I don't want totally ball out and spend a ridiculous amount, but I'm ok spending this range to get something I can rely on when throwing it around and abusing it.

Thanks interested in your input
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d go 11.5 BCM. I have a Mk2 upper from them, 11.5. Pretty happy with it. Bravo BCG, Geissele braided w/ an H2. Runs pretty good from what I can tell.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a .300 BLK upper from these guys and was very pleased. Good prices as well...

https://www.masdefense.com/Default.asp
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:14:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Braided worth it? I’m torn between thinking it’ll mitigate recoil nicely and, it’s just a spring and it doesn’t matter lol, but I don’t know
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:20:53 PM EDT
[#4]
it’s just a spring and it doesn’t matter
View Quote

My thought ^^^

Another solution in search of a problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top