Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2018 12:49:16 PM EDT
I need help to know if this is a legit larue mount or not, I can't find anything on the net.

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#1]
The odd part for me, is that both of the levers are non-locking.  It looks to have a LT137 mount for the secondary optics.

Could be an older mount, before they went to the locking levers.  Might get more help in the LaRue forum.
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks dcclark77, I try to post in that section
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like an older LT104 with an LT137 ring.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like an older LT104 with an LT137 ring.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 1:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, the easiest way to tell a fake from a real Larue mount is to look at the bottom.  The recoil lug should have “USA” machined into it.  The majority of the fake ones don’t add that detail.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 7:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
One thing that throws me is the odd/purplish anodizing on one side of the rear ring...I've owned (and still own) quite a few of these mounts, and the ring finish has always matched the base portion almost perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:12:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
One thing that throws me is the odd/purplish anodizing on one side of the rear ring...I've owned (and still own) quite a few of these mounts, and the ring finish has always matched the base portion almost perfectly.
View Quote
The older mounts circa early 2000 had the purplish hue.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks legit, but just old.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:21:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the wrong mount for that setup.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I know... I got the right arms m rings
I also emailed leupold to be sure the scope was legit and got a positive feedback, so I bought it.
left dot and mount, tho
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Fairly familiar with their mounts, have a few of them and have gone through their catalog extensively to check different options available for my optics. Looks like one of their 104 SPR mounts.

The base looks correct.

As others have pointed out, the purple sheen is unfamiliar.

I have never seen throw levers that color on a Larue mount.

Not 100% sure from the picture, but it looks like that mini red dot is sitting flat / parallel to the top of the upper receiver. The only option Larue currently offers for integrating something like that with their SPR mount is for a 30mm tube, and it mounts the mini red dot at an angle.

Again, this is based on being familiar with them the last 5-6 years. Could be older than that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top