BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2021 8:45:15 PM EDT
Got a spare lower and interested in doing a 7.62x39. Looking for cheap carry handle upper and a 14.5 barrel with fsb. Will be running a cav arms c1 stock rifle stock. Whatever I can find. Where do I look for barrel with fsb? And what are my cheap carry handle upper options? This will be the first a1/a2 style build so may need a little guidance
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:01:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Got a spare lower and interested in doing a 7.62x39. Looking for cheap carry handle upper and a 14.5 barrel with fsb. Will be running a cav arms c1 stock rifle stock. Whatever I can find. Where do I look for barrel with fsb? And what are my cheap carry handle upper options? This will be the first a1/a2 style build so may need a little guidance
View Quote

You’re building a felony unless you SBR it first. You might be able to build it as a pistol with a brace and that barrel length.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You’re building a felony unless you SBR it first. You might be able to build it as a pistol with a brace and that barrel length.
View Quote

Assumed P&W, but he didn't spec it so good to point that out.  There are no "cheap" carry handle uppers and any have been hard to come by.  I went with a flat-top and carry handle until I come across one and might just leave it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
What if he plans to pin and weld it to a legal 16 inch and either forget to mention that aspect or didn't think that it was necessary to even bother mentioning it at all?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You're building a felony unless you SBR it first. You might be able to build it as a pistol with a brace and that barrel length.
View Quote
I'll be pinning a birdcage on it to legal 16" length. Already have sbr tax stamps on other rifles I'm aware of the legality
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:47:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Kak
faxon
Black rifle arms barrel and bolts
Young manufacturing bolts
Get on wait lists
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:59:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple of AR-47 (7.62x39 AR) basics to know.

C Products Defense magazines
Red X "enhanced" (slightly longer) fireing pin.
Wolf Extra power hammer spring.

These three "secrets" will save you a lot of WTF and prevent misfire issues on your AR-47

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:07:05 PM EDT
[#7]
KAK has a 16” in stock
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:16:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

These three "secrets" will save you a lot of WTF and prevent misfire issues on your AR-47

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
That's good info
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
KAK has a 16" in stock
View Quote

Only thing that sucks is no fsb. As I would have to pay someone to drill and taper ream onto the barrel price. Definitely great price in the value barrel though

Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'll be pinning a birdcage on it to legal 16" length. Already have sbr tax stamps on other rifles I'm aware of the legality
View Quote

I know that some don’t like them but,
Model 1 has 16” barrels with FSB for around $220. I bit pricey though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:48:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:51:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I know that some don’t like them but,
Model 1 has 16” barrels with FSB for around $220. I bit pricey though.
View Quote

Please don't take offense - But Model 1 sales ...

Our Own 'Vader, (Sean Cody - God Bless Him R.I.P.) had to choke a bitch with them at a Gun Show ...

EDITED - It was NOT Model 1, but it was M&A Parts - My Mistake...

Link to thread. SC Vader Vs. M&A Parts at the Gun Show - CLASSIC !
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 11:58:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Even considering 14.5 or 14.7 barrel and then do a clamp on fsb. Cant find barrel shorter than 16 at the moment. Haha. Good times parts shopping
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Our Own 'Vader, (Sean Cody - God Bless Him R.I.P.) had to choke a bitch with them at a Gun Show ...

View Quote

No offense taken, I’m aware of the story, I read it in one of your posts.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:41:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I thought that was MA Parts.  It was Model 1?  Link?

I've had good luck w/ Model 1 Sales over the years - see them at nearly every gun show, and never saw any drama.  I've also had good luck w./ my Unimags, designed by an ARFCOMer, albeit I don't have a high round count on em.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:38:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I thought that was MA Parts.  It was Model 1?  Link?

I've had good luck w/ Model 1 Sales over the years - see them at nearly every gun show, and never saw any drama.  I've also had good luck w./ my Unimags, designed by an ARFCOMer, albeit I don't have a high round count on em.
View Quote

You ARE 100% Correct backbencher - It was M&A Parts, Not Model 1 that was involved in that infamous affair.  

SCVader Chokes a Bitch at Gun Show - The Awesome Thread Link

My apologies to Model 1 that I confused the two vendors!  My Sincere Regret for the mix up.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Even considering 14.5 or 14.7 barrel and then do a clamp on fsb. Cant find barrel shorter than 16 at the moment. Haha. Good times parts shopping
View Quote
@1shotkyle I have a still in shipping tube 10.5" barrel from PSA.  Send me a PM if you are interested.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#18]
very rude data mining question. how many x39 uppers shelved now?

also. much respect big poppa
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 11:13:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's good info
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER
That's good info

for sure. only have #1 and I'll get the others coming when time permits.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 6:04:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

BIGGER_HAMMER
View Quote
I used to say the same thing about the Wolf Extra power hammer spring but haven't used them for over a decade now with no issues.  I am also running full auto in 7.5" barrels.  Using a Geissele SSF with a standard hammer spring.  I just make sure I have about .040" FP protrusion and I'm GTG.  Before the enhanced firing pins were a thing, that is what I would do by modifying the firing pin or the bolt.  These days just use a Red X or Black Rifle Arms enhanced firing pin and standard power hammer spring...you'll have a nicer trigger pull also.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Really like the colt r6830. I think that's the initial 7.62x39 that sparked my interest.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:31:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes those would be the ones to get. The new name is Duramag but still C products.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#24]

Yes, those appear to be Gen3 CPD.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 8:55:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
@1shotkyle I have a still in shipping tube 10.5" barrel from PSA.  Send me a PM if you are interested.
View Quote

@K1rodeoboater - is it one with the single wide feed ramp? Still got it?
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@K1rodeoboater - is it one with the single wide feed ramp? Still got it?
View Quote
Still have it.  Will have to look when I get home tonight.  I got it a few years ago and pulled it out of the tube to snap some photos for someone who expressed interest but went radio silent

@cire0309
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:26:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Cavalry Arms stock with tube, spring and buffer in shipping. Ordered a a2 upper through model 1 Sales on April 20th. Still no shipping info from them wtf%@$/;@. Was gonna order there 16" barrel with fsb too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:  Cavalry Arms stock with tube, spring and buffer in shipping. Ordered a a2 upper through model 1 Sales on April 20th. Still no shipping info from them wtf%@$/;@. Was gonna order there 16" barrel with fsb too.
View Quote

Give em a call Tuesday - they may have been at a show this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 2:11:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
very rude data mining question. how many x39 uppers shelved now?
View Quote

x39 ammo still cheaper than 5.56 or 223 even with pandemic prices.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Give em a call Tuesday - they may have been at a show this weekend.
View Quote
Get a load of this. I checked out of model 1 sales for 155.00 plus shipping, I have a screenshot of it. My bank account showed 255.00 pending charge but never went through. I sent them an email questioning it. They replied(went to my spam folder for some reason) that the a2 lower I purchased at 155.00 had a price increase to 215.00 plus shipping. If I wanted to proceed with that to let them know. Lol. Guess I wont be doing business with them anytime soon.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:19:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Geez.  I'll mention it to em next time I see em.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Geez.  I'll mention it to em next time I see em.
View Quote
Crazy way to do business and lose a new customer. I was about to order a barrel from them to. I also went back online and the same a2 forged upper is the same 155.00 not 215.00
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:17:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait.  Did you order an A2 upper or lower from them?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:29:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wait.  Did you order an A2 upper or lower from them?
View Quote
A2 forged upper complete
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 11:56:15 PM EDT
[#35]
I'd try calling em.  If you can't get through, I have another contact #.  It sounds like they've got your order confused w/ someone else, or did they specifically say the A2 upper had jumped in price by $100?  Almost sounds like they have you down for a bbl'd upper.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'd try calling em.  If you can't get through, I have another contact #.  It sounds like they've got your order confused w/ someone else, or did they specifically say the A2 upper had jumped in price by $100?  Almost sounds like they have you down for a bbl'd upper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:13:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:42:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow.  And still haven't changed it on their website.  I won't seem em again for a few weeks, will let them know when I see em.  Raise prices if you want, but don't screw over folks who have bought in good faith.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Meanwhile cavalry stock showed up today. Love it when shit gets delivered. Nice piece for the money.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 12:33:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Any suggestions to locating an A2 upper reciever. Preferably complete with sights
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 2:29:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any suggestions to locating an A2 upper receiver. Preferably complete with sights
View Quote
in these times, i think Brownell's is your best bet, sign up for the notifications.  sights not included.  JSE also has them from time-to-time.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Today i picked up a new complete A2 upper  from private party and found myself looking for 7.62 barrel with fsb. Only one I could find was on model 1 sales. I broke down and ordered it. Hopefully a smoother transaction than before. Also picked me up a 3 prong duckbill flash hider to try something different. Currently looking for bolt and ext firing pin
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked up BCA bolt carrier group today. Need some mags and a triangular carbine handgaurd
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:46:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 1:18:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, that's twice a failed attempt being a model1 sales customer.  The barrel isnt in stock I purchased, although it still says in stock. Never got an email otherwise.

So I'm looking for a 16" carbine length barrel with fsb if anyone could let me know if there in stock anywhere.  Greatly appreciated
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 6:43:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Today i picked up a new complete A2 upper  from private party and found myself looking for 7.62 barrel with fsb. Only one I could find was on model 1 sales. I broke down and ordered it. Hopefully a smoother transaction than before. Also picked me up a 3 prong duckbill flash hider to try something different. Currently looking for bolt and ext firing pin
View Quote
@1shotkyle

does that A2 upper have M4 feed ramps, or is it a "rifle" upper (no M4 feed ramps)?  just curious, either will work with a barrel with M4 feed ramps.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 8:42:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
@1shotkyle

does that A2 upper have M4 feed ramps, or is it a "rifle" upper (no M4 feed ramps)?  just curious, either will work with a barrel with M4 feed ramps.
View Quote
This a2 upper does not have feed ramps. I was planning on dremeling them in when I get a barrel. I've heard some.  
7.62x39 barrels have m4 cuts and some have one wide cut. Either way I'll match it
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#48]
I just completed a 7.62x39 Carbine build and here's what I've got so far. Maybe this helps...

PSA lower
Anderson upper
Prime weaponry BCG
Green mountain 16" barrel
Dura-mag Magazine
Spare extractors from Black Rifle Arms
Red X arms for spare pins

I test fired it over the weekend and it worked great with steel ammo but not with brass, where about 20% had various FTE issues. I'm putting an H3 buffer in to see if that helps.

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:03:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I built one of these but haven’t had much time to shoot it.  I used an Anderson upper and 16” HBAR, AIM lightweight NiB BCG, NoDak lower,and Cproducts mags.  

First shoot, multiple rounds (maybe 30%) nose dived into the front of the magazine.  Other than that positive primer ignition.

Fast forward to today.  I had upgraded to a Rise 140 trigger and also replaced the buffer with an H2 thinking the BCG was cycling too quickly for the magazine to present the rounds in time, causing the nose dives.  

Now rounds feed perfectly.

Now I’m getting failures to ignite primers about 30% of the time.  UGH!  

Anyone know of a GOOD crisp trigger which will ignite all this Wolf ammo I’ve been stacking for years?  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:  I built one of these but haven’t had much time to shoot it.  I used an Anderson upper and 16” HBAR, AIM lightweight NiB BCG, NoDak lower,and Cproducts mags.  

First shoot, multiple rounds (maybe 30%) nose dived into the front of the magazine.  Other than that positive primer ignition.

Fast forward to today.  I had upgraded to a Rise 140 trigger and also replaced the buffer with an H2 thinking the BCG was cycling too quickly for the magazine to present the rounds in time, causing the nose dives.  

Now rounds feed perfectly.

Now I’m getting failures to ignite primers about 30% of the time.  UGH!  

Anyone know of a GOOD crisp trigger which will ignite all this Wolf ammo I’ve been stacking for years?  

Thank you.
View Quote

Get the longer firing pin.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top