Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2018 10:50:59 PM EDT
I have a PWS MK111 Mod 2-M complete upper sitting on a Rainier Arms pistol lower. I also have a Law Tactical Folding adapter and an SBA3 brace. I am having issues when the bolt is locked back and I hit the bolt release. The bolt moves forward, but not with enough force to always strip the round off of the magazine and insert it into the chamber. With other ARs, the bolt slams forward with some authority, but with this setup, it is clearly slower and less forceful. There is an H2 buffer and I admittedly don't know a ton about what buffer and spring I should be running. It just seems sluggish and I even noticed a couple times when firing I would get a "click no bang" and then when I moved the gun to check the chamber the bolt jumped forward and chambered a round because of the movement. Hopefully this makes sense. If anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know. Do I need to use a heavier buffer and/or stronger spring?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:34:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Try a heavier spring, contact springco.

Also verify that your bolt and carrier are good to go.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 3:03:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a heavier spring, contact springco.

Also verify that your bolt and carrier are good to go.
View Quote
Will do. The bolt and carrier are good to go as there is only about 1000 rounds on them and I cleaned the gun and inspected everything before it's last outing. I am going to clean everything again and try some lighter oil.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#3]
What mags and ammo are you using? Ive seen steel case ammo with GI mags have issues stripping the rounds due to added friction of metal on metal. ....I have the same upper as you, and like the other poster said, you can get a heavier spring. Those guns are highly overgassed, so i'd imagine you could get away with a heavy SpringCo spring and an H3 buffer. That'll help as well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 11:51:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a PWS MK111 Mod 2-M complete upper sitting on a Rainier Arms pistol lower. I also have a Law Tactical Folding adapter and an SBA3 brace. I am having issues when the bolt is locked back and I hit the bolt release. The bolt moves forward, but not with enough force to always strip the round off of the magazine and insert it into the chamber. With other ARs, the bolt slams forward with some authority, but with this setup, it is clearly slower and less forceful. There is an H2 buffer and I admittedly don't know a ton about what buffer and spring I should be running. It just seems sluggish and I even noticed a couple times when firing I would get a "click no bang" and then when I moved the gun to check the chamber the bolt jumped forward and chambered a round because of the movement. Hopefully this makes sense. If anyone has experienced something similar, please let me know. Do I need to use a heavier buffer and/or stronger spring?
View Quote
Very interested to see your results with spring and I want to see a picture of your upper as I'm looking at this as base option for a future build. Post it or it never happened!
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I run a Mk114 upper with an A5 extension, A5H2 buffer and rifle spring.....runs extremely well
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 7:11:24 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, my MK111 with a SBA3 brace is running a Geissele spring and and H1 buffer.  It will cycle anything including steel case on gas setting 2.  It slams the bolt home with authority from lock.  I don't know anything first hand about the folding stock adapter so I don't know if your issues lies there or not.  You could try removing that and seeing how it functions.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:46:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
What mags and ammo are you using? Ive seen steel case ammo with GI mags have issues stripping the rounds due to added friction of metal on metal. ....I have the same upper as you, and like the other poster said, you can get a heavier spring. Those guns are highly overgassed, so i'd imagine you could get away with a heavy SpringCo spring and an H3 buffer. That'll help as well.
View Quote
I might end up trying something like this. Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Very interested to see your results with spring and I want to see a picture of your upper as I'm looking at this as base option for a future build. Post it or it never happened!
View Quote
I'll try to get you a picture of my upper.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 5:48:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
FWIW, my MK111 with a SBA3 brace is running a Geissele spring and and H1 buffer.  It will cycle anything including steel case on gas setting 2.  It slams the bolt home with authority from lock.  I don't know anything first hand about the folding stock adapter so I don't know if your issues lies there or not.  You could try removing that and seeing how it functions.
View Quote
I removed the LAW Tactical folder and a lot of my issues disappeared. I am still not sure what it was about the particular folder that I had, but it was causing major issues. The upper is running pretty well, but I still get the occasional failure to strip a round off of a fresh mag when I hit the bolt release.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I removed the LAW Tactical folder and a lot of my issues disappeared. I am still not sure what it was about the particular folder that I had, but it was causing major issues. The upper is running pretty well, but I still get the occasional failure to strip a round off of a fresh mag when I hit the bolt release.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For troubleshooting purposes i'd leave the LAW off, fresh buffer spring and fresh mag and see what happens.  I take it you are firing this on gas setting 1.  The most gas to make sure the bolt cycles all of the way as well.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I installed a Law folder on my Mod 2.
It made the action very stiff and rather gritty. Never figured out why, but I never shot it with it installed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 1:35:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Unless I missed it, is this a 7.62x39? Not sure of the make it in this length. If it is, it could be your mags fault. I have CPD mags, and cannot load the full capacity. If I do, mine does the same as your describing. Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Unless I missed it, is this a 7.62x39? Not sure of the make it in this length. If it is, it could be your mags fault. I have CPD mags, and cannot load the full capacity. If I do, mine does the same as your describing. Just my 2 cents.
View Quote
This is a .223 Wylde. It is running pretty well now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 5:07:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Spotted this on the Law Tactical site: Modified Bolt Carrier Extension Gen 3-M for PWS

https://www.lawtactical.com/bolt_carrier_extension_p/pwsbceg3m.htm

I have the PWS Sage Dynamics edition MK111 upper chambered in .223 Wylde & the factory pistol lower which came with the H2 buffer installed, slams home with authority, have no experience with the LAW folder though.
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 11:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Spotted this on the Law Tactical site: Modified Bolt Carrier Extension Gen 3-M for PWS

https://www.lawtactical.com/bolt_carrier_extension_p/pwsbceg3m.htm

I have the PWS Sage Dynamics edition MK111 upper chambered in .223 Wylde & the factory pistol lower which came with the H2 buffer installed, slams home with authority, have no experience with the LAW folder though.
View Quote
I might need to get one of those and try it out, eh? Thank you for posting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#16]
From the PWS website

“PartsBuffer Tubes and Buffers Modified Enhanced Buffer Tube with Ratchet Lock Castlenut and Endplate (Law Tactical Folding Adapter Compliant Version)”

Did you see they (PWS) make a Law Tactical version for their buffer tube?  I have no experience with the Law Tactical folding stock so I can’t really comment. I would give PWS a call.  I’d be willing to bet Stacey Nagy can you straightened away.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
From the PWS website

“PartsBuffer Tubes and Buffers Modified Enhanced Buffer Tube with Ratchet Lock Castlenut and Endplate (Law Tactical Folding Adapter Compliant Version)”

Did you see they (PWS) make a Law Tactical version for their buffer tube?  I have no experience with the Law Tactical folding stock so I can’t really comment. I would give PWS a call.  I’d be willing to bet Stacey Nagy can you straightened away.
View Quote
That is probably a part that I need if I am going to throw the LAW folder back on there. Thank you for the info.
Link Posted: 1/28/2019 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, now I am having more issues with this gun. Been shooting it nothing but suppressed and I am getting some gnarly stovepipes. They are not stovepipes that can simply be cleared by "sweeping" the brass from the ejection port because the spent brass is getting stuck between the fresh round that is about 3/4 of the way chambered and the ejection port. It takes quite a bit of force and effort to get the brass out or a whole lot of wriggling. To make matters worse, if I lock the bolt to the rear (which is what I am having to do to get the brass out), then I have to drop the mag because if I don't, once I clear the brass I will cause a double feed because there's already a fresh round almost chambered.

Anyone else experience anything like this? Could this be a gas issue? I currently have the upper set to the suppressed setting, maybe I need to crank it over to the "filthy" setting (I can't remember what the setting is actually called. Basically for shooting suppressed in adverse conditions).

Thoughts?
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top