Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2020 1:57:11 PM EDT
So it seems the airline standard for oversized luggage is 62 linear inches.  I just looked up my hardigg storm 3100 case and it is 63 linear inches.  Does anyone have any experience flying with hard cases?  Do the airlines whip out a measuring tape at the check in counter?  I see that Delta and United charge $200 for an oversized bag and I have no plans to pay that.  Should I look for a case that meets the size requirements then just get creative on how to pack?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/31/2020 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve flown with Pelican 1720’s numerous times, and the airline didn’t bat an eye..or charge me anything extra.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:03:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So it seems the airline standard for oversized luggage is 62 linear inches.  I just looked up my hardigg storm 3100 case and it is 63 linear inches.  Does anyone have any experience flying with hard cases?  Do the airlines whip out a measuring tape at the check in counter?  I see that Delta and United charge $200 for an oversized bag and I have no plans to pay that.  Should I look for a case that meets the size requirements then just get creative on how to pack?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I've flown dozens of times with rifle cases. AR sized cases, long gun sized cases, they don't care and aren't going to measure the linear inches of your case. As long as it's declared, you open it up and let the TSA guy look at your gun and rub the explosives sniffer cloth on it before throwing a couple locks on it, they won't give it a second glance.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top