Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2021 3:07:37 PM EDT
So, I'm going to be ready for handguards soon. The good news is they're a couple of cheap, Daytona Tactical mloc rails. The bad... boy they are tight to the nut... a knurled nut at that. Anyone have a few good tips for slipping these on easily? I'm thinking I can plastic wedge them open a bit and maybe heat the nut end with boiling water to expand it a touch. That said, I'm just thinking common sense but I've only done a half dozen free floats and they were smooth nuts and probably 15 years ago.

Any advice would be great!

This is the HG... well it's the same model and style anyway.

https://daytonatactical.com/products/12-inch-cerakote-olive-drab-green-m-lok-free-float-rail
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Heat gun will expand the handguard some. Lube the OD of the bbl nut. Cake.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Clamp on rail?  Just inset a screwdriver in the slit on the bottom and twist a little.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top