Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2021 10:04:08 PM EDT
Hey all! I'm new to the AR world, and recently come across something I would love to fix or make more sturdy. I love the stock  plastic type hand guards. I bought a different one but overall they are similar in length diameter ect. Also switched back to the stock one just to see if the problem still exists and it does.

the hand guard ring at the end of the barrel seems to move slightly, not a crazy amount but enough to drive me nuts. I'd prefer it be sturdy. I'll include a video of what I'm talking about. I'm wondering if I loosened the 2 screws under the adjustable gas block could I move it back some to create more pressure from the delta ring? Figured I'd ask before doing something goofy hah! Any ideas let me know. Thanks!

my AR is made by Anderson manufacturing, also nothing else's seems to wobble, (barrel, or delta ring, just that part)
AR15 hand guard ring wobble

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UhYMk5yaX-8

https://ibb.co/rvHhNSJ
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the handguard endcap has a hole bigger than it should be for the journal of your barrel at the point.

Adding more force at the weld spring won't fix it, though it may make it harder to wiggle it around. It'll still be capable of movement, especially under recoil, when firing.

Some sort of cement or thread locker might help fix the endguard cap to the back of your gas block, otherwise the barrel would need to sleeved or shimmed where it passes through the handguard endcap, to prevent it from being able to move.

Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#2]
ETA:  Disregard my original comment.

Something is out of spec with that end cap, there should be nowhere near that much play.  The only thing likely to work is to replace the end cap or remove it altogether and slap a FF rail on there.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Your end cap probably has too big of a hole for the Barrel. You need to replace it or get a free float hand guard. It should be easy to replace.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 2:53:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top