Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2020 4:37:04 PM EDT
My Colt SP1 dry cycles perfectly fine with the selector on FIRE, but when you click it to SAFE, the hammer drags on the BCG enough where if you try to cycle it, it won't go into battery without a little nudge.  I have not taken anything apart yet to examine the parts, but nothing is obviously out of place when I peer in there.  Any thoughts before I take it apart?
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the detailed response.  While I don't know the history behind this particular rifle, it does not appear to be molested or abused, so why would this problem pop up now?  I took the FCG out and am unable to see anything unusual about it.  In fact, it doesn't seem to have much wear on it.

Edit:  Ok, I played around with it a little and you're right that it's definitely got something to do with the hammer.  I put a standard Bushmaster FCG in the lower and it operated fine.  I put the original trigger and disconnector in it with the BM hammer and it worked fine.  Swapped the Colt hammer back in, and it's catching.  If the bolt is hung up to the rear while on safe, and you move the selector to fire, the BCG gets released and slams forward as it should.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top