Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/19/2022 7:21:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BobbyHill]
I'm pretty sure I'm missing some basic concept here.

My RLS Sling doesn't look like the pictures on the Magpul website. The one end is sewn shut?

I looked on Amazon and others are seeing the same thing and are saying they can't figure it out either.

What am I doing wrong here?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/19/2022 7:39:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Should be right, there should also be another free triglide and then the loop tensioning thingy.  Should go together kinda like this, just have to slide everything together in the right order onto the stock.

Link Posted: 12/19/2022 7:58:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the quick reply.

I found a video that has the style I have and now it makes way more sense.

How to set up Magpul RLS Sling
Link Posted: 12/20/2022 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Great little slings. I have one on my Ruger PC carbine and a couple on some .22 bolt guns.

Link Posted: 12/22/2022 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I like the RLS slings too.  Nice, simple and works great when you need to sling up.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Does this picture help you at all?  It’s the same set up at what is drawn out above. Only using QD swivels.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:
Does this picture help you at all?  It’s the same set up at what is drawn out above. Only using QD swivels.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/245997/73E7296B-71A8-411B-A010-6E508E10AC22_jpe-2650211.JPG
View Quote

The end on your buttstock side is different than mine. Mine is sewn closed. The video I posted shows the sling like mine. I'm still not sure WTF it's different but it makes sense as he does it in the video.
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 10:46:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By BobbyHill:

The end on your buttstock side is different than mine. Mine is sewn closed. The video I posted shows the sling like mine. I'm still not sure WTF it's different but it makes sense as he does it in the video.
View Quote

Gawwwawd dammit bobbay… do it like the video. It’s the same configuration as mine. If you need more picture I can take some tonight when I get home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DirtDivision:

Gawwwawd dammit bobbay… do it like the video. It’s the same configuration as mine. If you need more picture I can take some tonight when I get home.
View Quote

I got it I got it
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top