Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2018 10:01:48 AM EDT
I took a carbine class yesterday offered by a local guy.  I enjoyed the class and learned some stuff, but I had 2 rounds that failed to fire when I pulled the trigger.  I tried one of those rounds a second time and it fired the second time it was struck.  Ammo I was using was a mix of the Hornady Frontier ammo and the Federal 55gr 223 ammo.  I saved the 2nd round that didn't fire and can post a picture of it later.  The gun has the ALG ACT trigger in it with the purple spring.  Has anyone else had issues with this spring, and is that likely my problem?  I've fired Tul Ammo, Federal, American Eagle (223 and NATO) out of this gun with this trigger without issue.  I've also used my 6.8spc upper on the lower and fired several hundred 6.8 rounds with this trigger (hornady and american eagle ammo).  Just wondering if I should swap out the spring or if I likely have something else going on.  Rifle hasn't been cleaned yet, it's been about 700 rounds since it's been cleaned.  My Father-In-Law thinks my firing pin channel might be too dirty, I don't think that's likely.  Anyone here have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, swap the spring or if you have the means, cut the ear off the hammer and it will solve it.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, swap the spring or if you have the means, cut the ear off the hammer and it will solve it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will swap the spring.  What do you mean by the ear on the hammer? I haven't heard that before.

Quoted:
Ditto,
Pull the reduce purple power spring, and run the standard tension spring for reliable ignitions.
That's what I thought was likely the problem, thanks.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 3:19:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm at home now or I'd send pics but cutting the ear off the hammer speeds it up so you can use a lighter spring for a lighter pull. Many LPK's have that style hammer but I'm 99% sure the ALG has the full size hammer.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 11:04:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/24/2019 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have been running a ALG ACT with the purple spring in my beater rifle for awhile and it reliably fires everything. I shoot wolf steel almost exclusively and I have never had an issue.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top