Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2022 11:32:57 PM EDT
Curious if anyone has both an HK416/MR556 bolt carrier and an Adam's Arms piston bolt carrier and can compare the two? If so, is there any chance you could check if the dimensions are the same from the front of the bolt carrier to the "gas key" protrusion where the piston strikes the bolt carrier when cycling the action?

From pictures I found online, the front of the two carriers look extremely similar.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Any and all help is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 1:15:45 AM EDT
[#1]
one significant difference, you can see in your pics, the HK tombstone has a shallow dimple and the op rod has a corresponding rounded end.  The AA tombstone is perfectly flat, and the AA op rod is correspondingly perfectly flat.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
HK/416 on left. AA does fits 416 receiver but does not close. Seems the bolt recesses slightly further into the carrier on the HK/416.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 5:28:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both! I have a brownells hk-compatible bcg on order, but was really hoping the dimensions would line up so I could go ahead and get my other parts together. Patience will have to hold out.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top