Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2023 11:42:05 PM EDT
I am new to the Suppressor world. I have Griffin Armament PLAN-A XL, Taper Mount Adapter that I am going to add to the muzzle device. The muzzle device has already been set with Rocksett. Does the Taper Mount Adapter need Loctite or Rocksett as well when threading to the muzzle device?
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I’m a bit confused here.

You’re talking about a suppressor QD module that’s meant to be screwed into a suppressor, and then the suppressor is mounted and unmounted from the muzzle device on your gun.

Why are you asking the question as if there is no suppressor attached to the PLAN-A XL?

Also, no.  It’s a QD suppressor mount.  The entire purpose of which is to quickly mount and unmount a suppressor from your gun.  I have utilized Plan A extensively with my suppressors.  The only thing I ever add to the threads and taper are high temp nickel anti-seize.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I would Rocksett the XL adapter into your can yes to prevent it from unthreading when you screw the can off the muzzle device.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:08:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Griffin Armament Taper Mount Tactical Compensator on as the muzzle device. That was set on the barrel with Rocksett. I then have a Griffin Armament PLAN-A XL Taper Mount Adapter that I will be using with the Compensator. The Suppressor will then attach to the Taper Mount Adapter. My understanding is it basically adds another baffle and I don't believe that the Suppressor will attach to the Compensator directly. I understand that I wouldn't add adhesive on the threads between the Adapter and the Suppressor so it can be removed quickly.

My question is whether I should be adding adhesive to the threads between the Compensator and the Adapter. I would think the answer is yes but I just wanted confirmation due to my inexperience.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a Griffin Armament Taper Mount Tactical Compensator on as the muzzle device. That was set on the barrel with Rocksett. I then have a Griffin Armament PLAN-A XL Taper Mount Adapter that I will be using with the Compensator. The Suppressor will then attach to the Taper Mount Adapter. My understanding is it basically adds another baffle and I don't believe that the Suppressor will attach to the Compensator directly. I understand that I wouldn't add adhesive on the threads between the Adapter and the Suppressor so it can be removed quickly.

My question is whether I should be adding adhesive to the threads between the Compensator and the Adapter. I would think the answer is yes but I just wanted confirmation due to my inexperience.
View Quote

You’re either confused on terminology or you need to do a lot more reading before you potentially screw something up.

The taper mount adapter screws into the can.  The can, with attached PLAN-A XL, then screws onto your compensator.  When you want to remove the suppressor, you unscrew it, backing the suppressor AND PLAN-A XL off of the compensator.  When shooting the gun unsuppressed, the only thing attached to the gun should be the compensator.

You do NOT leave the PLAN-A XL attached to your muzzle device.  

If you want thread locker anywhere in that setup, it’s between the adapter and the suppressor, although proper torque should me more than sufficient.

As a note, the PLAN-A XL does not act as an additional baffle. It’s literally a round piece of metal that shouldn’t be interacting with burning gases much, if at all.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you. So I should have an Adapter for each Suppressor if I plan on using multiple Suppressors on the same rifle?
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:38:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thank you. So I should have an Adapter for each Suppressor if I plan on using multiple Suppressors on the same rifle?
View Quote

Yes, you would need one in each suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:39:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Love it! Much appreciated.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top