Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2021 10:06:10 AM EDT
I realized I need a few more grey lowers, lol. Contacted Harlan at NDS and they are on unknown back order.
Is there anyone else in the retro lower game that has them in stock, preferably partial fence :)

TIA
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I realized I need a few more grey lowers, lol. Contacted Harlan at NDS and they are on unknown back order.
Is there anyone else in the retro lower game that has them in stock, preferably partial fence :)

TIA
View Quote

They have been on unknown back order on gray lowers ever since I can remember, like years.
You would think an outfit would try to keep up with demand, for like, profit. I'll never understand the failure in organization and lack of effort to upgrade production capacity to meet demand in the firearms industry.

It's like Colt with their SAA line. Lets make a few, watch the price skyrocket and demand explode, then just stop making them. What a great business model.

Yes I need one too and it's frustrating. I guess that's obvious.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Get in line for an order and be patient. I ordered a good number from NDS and always got mine. Worth the wait.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We can't get any forgings right now.

Anchor Harvey has been backed up for over a year.
View Quote

Maybe you should have it tacked that there's a shortage of 7075 Aluminum so you don't have to constantly repeat yourself. Also why are you blamed for not being able to get the material needed to satisfy the consumer? I'd imagine if you suddenly got enough forgings to make 500 receivers you'd be working 7 days a week to fill orders.

Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They have been on unknown back order on gray lowers ever since I can remember, like years.
You would think an outfit would try to keep up with demand, for like, profit. I'll never understand the failure in organization and lack of effort to upgrade production capacity to meet demand in the firearms industry.

It's like Colt with their SAA line. Lets make a few, watch the price skyrocket and demand explode, then just stop making them. What a great business model.

Yes I need one too and it's frustrating. I guess that's obvious.
View Quote

Since it may have escaped your attention .... there are essentially four companies that make 7075 lower forgings and none of them made any type of A1 forgings until NDS got Anchor Harvey to make the dies. In a market now heavy with military contracts with Colt and FN, and every other manufacturer able to sell all the ARs they can make, is AH going to stop what they are doing for a order of 1000 A1 lowers? Or is AH going to fill orders from Colt, FN, PSA, etc?
Link Posted: 9/7/2021 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#6]
I was on a waitlist for 7.5 months. Happy to do it, not in a rush, just FYI.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top