Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2021 11:50:47 PM EDT
Received a 16" pencil barrel back from John Thomas at Retro Arms Works yesterday. Converted it to XM177E2 specs. His work was great. Shipped it off on Monday, and received it a week later. Great person to deal with. Another step closer on this project.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep!  JT does awesome work for a fair price with a fast turn around.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Just want to second what OP said.
Small parts shipped and returned and installed in less than a week! In fact, I got the return shipping notice the same day he got the parts!

Thanks John!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Fedex dropped two of my uppers on John's door step at 2:04 in the afternoon for muzzle device pin-and-weld service.  

The post office picked them up and had possession of them for return at 2:48 PM.  That's simply incredible!  
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 7:10:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Another satisfied JT customer weighing in—i don’t know how he does it!

He must have paid the Retro Gnomes to finish work while he sleeps....like the cobbler who had gnomes....the old fairy tale?

Never mind, I’ll say it: ok Boomer....

Bottom line: JT rocks & does amazing turn around time.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 11:39:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I sent a barrel and front sight base to him and had them back the same week.  Great work.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Has JT started back custom work yet? Earlier this year he was swamped. I need a barrel shortened and re-profiled, plus front sight base added.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:37:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Has JT started back custom work yet? Earlier this year he was swamped. I need a barrel shortened and re-profiled, plus front sight base added.
View Quote

He's installing an A1 FSB, on a new barrel, for me right now. It will probably be mailed back to me tomorrow today (just got the tracking number).

Email and ask.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 2:55:03 PM EDT
[#8]
JT is the man. I called him a while back and he spent some time with me helping with stuff he was not even going to make money on. He is a great guy.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top