Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2022 7:18:51 PM EDT

I have had a stripped 9mm lower for a while now and it's been safe queen. Now I need to find some reputable place to build it for me so its 100% perfection, I don't want to mess anything up. Does anyone have any suggestions on good companies to turn to when it's not their brand of lower?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 8:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't feel you are capable of installing an LPK and stock?
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 12:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I can assemble it just fine, but I want it like a swiss watch
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can assemble it just fine, but I want it like a swiss watch
View Quote

It is all plug and play, legos.  Whether you or a 'smith does it, it will run the same.
Link Posted: 5/3/2022 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Macon Armory
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:22:22 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread reminds me of a conversion I had with the Dealer that I use for most transfers.  He was in the process of assembling a 9mm AR setup for a guy when I stopped by to pick up a gun that I had bought off Gunbroker.  I asked him why the owner just didn't assemble it himself and he replied, "Cause I only charge $75 to do it, and his billing time for clients is $300 per hour and up, depending on the case; with a minimum of four hours billed per case".

Best of luck.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 5:59:44 PM EDT
[#7]
You can make it run like a swiss watch yourself with the right core parts.  Take a look at my site.  Both my builds run 100%.  The first was a nightmare. After I devoted a lot of time and effort finding what really works, and what doesn't, it runs flawlessly with any ammo I put in it. I built the second using what I learned - this one ran 100% from the start.  I put the site together to help people see through all the sketchy advice and misinformation about building 9mm AR's.  Link below.  Best of luck!

Link Posted: 6/1/2022 6:46:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have had a stripped 9mm lower for a while now and it's been safe queen. Now I need to find some reputable place to build it for me so its 100% perfection, I don't want to mess anything up. Does anyone have any suggestions on good companies to turn to when it's not their brand of lower?

Thanks in advance
View Quote

Quick observation......

If you don't build the lower along with the upper your going to use......how will the builder know how it will run ??

I mean he could use his own upper, but what if that runs and your upper doesn't run ??

Will you blame the guy who build the lower, or blame the upper builder, or what ??

Link Posted: 6/14/2022 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#9]
You can do ... resources are here if you run into anything.  Great forum members will guide ... Great vendors like Rudy with Macon Armory will not steer you wrong.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 10:00:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top