Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2022 1:08:28 PM EDT
Are the Wilson combat barrels good?
Or anything just as good but cheaper?
Looking at a 18 inch with rifle length gas.
Thanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 1:18:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Wilson combat makes a good barrel no doubt.  If you are trying to reduce cost ballistic advantage makes a lower quality barrrel but still nice at about half the price point.  I looked for a lothar walther 18” but I think that would need to be a special run and I don’t think it would be any cheaper than WC

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/18-5-56-spr-rifle-length-ar-15-barrel-w-ops-12-modern-series.html
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wilson combat makes a good barrel no doubt.  If you are trying to reduce cost ballistic advantage makes a lower quality barrrel but still nice at about half the price point.  I looked for a lothar walther 18” but I think that would need to be a special run and I don’t think it would be any cheaper than WC

https://www.ballisticadvantage.com/18-5-56-spr-rifle-length-ar-15-barrel-w-ops-12-modern-series.html
View Quote

We used that barrel on my SIL's recent build.  To say lower quality isn't really doing it justice.  Nice fit and finish and it put 3 in the same hole @ 25 yards with my handloads when we were doing the rough sight in and function check.  One caveat, we had to lighten the buffer with one aluminum weight to get it to lock back on empty.  Probably a break-in thing but rifle gas on an 18 seems to be on the edge relative to port size.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 2:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I got into 300 HAMR (WC caliber) to replace a couple 300 BLK as I wanted more from .30 cal in a AR15 frame.

The two HAMR barrels I built guns around were the best gassed barrels out of the box of any maker I’ve used. WC seems to know their shit.
Link Posted: 8/13/2022 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Wilson is good stuff, I have two of their bbls...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top