Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/12/2022 10:56:31 AM EDT
I logged in today, and it said my last login was 22 years ago.  Doesn't seem that long ago.  But 22 years makes it  sound so long. :)

High Capacity Magazine Ban in WA State.

The law grandfathers magazines already in our possession. But also bans importing magazines.  If I go out of state, with a high capacity magazine, then return with the same magazine, will that be considered "importing?"

It also makes it illegal to transfer to someone else.  Would that mean I can't leave them to my children or grandchildren?

Maybe it's just easier to move to a free state.

Update: I'm thinking this would not be importing, because I already own it.  Proof is another thing, if stopped crossing state lines.  But technically it should be legal, and "innocent until proven guilty" still applies in U.S. doesn't it.  Hard to know with liberals in charge.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
" 22 years" huh?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
" 22 years" huh?  
View Quote

That's what it said.  It said last login was 2000, but I only joined 2011. :)

Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
" 22 years" huh?  

Yeah, it's borked.

Same for everyone I'd imagine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 3:37:19 PM EDT
[#4]
It's Y2K eve all over again!    The MSM is really focusing on the "multiple high capacity" magazines found in the subway.   I would stake something valuable (if I had such a thing) on a mag ban at the federal level asap.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:41:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you take your magazines outside the state and back again?   Yes, as long as you owned them before the cutoff.  

Can you pass them on via inheritance?   No.  Curiously it implies it in the summary, but inheritance is not on the list of legal transfers of possession.  This is why some advocates of the bill who don’t read the fine print claim, and continue to claim, that inheritance is allowed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 3:04:36 AM EDT
[#6]
No memes allowed here

[HilaryClinton] What difference, at this point, does it make?[/HilaryClinton]

If you feel the need to attempt to obey the decree of the week, feel free. If not, and I suspect most would concur, it's a waste of effort to attempt to obey the ever changing laws.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Was or is there a restriction on kids owning magazines? Why wouldn't someone have bought some and gave them to their kids with it documented before a restriction went into law?
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was or is there a restriction on kids owning magazines? Why wouldn't someone have bought some and gave them to their kids with it documented before a restriction went into law?
View Quote

Another possible route to look into is a trust.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#9]
It's retarded, but I saw it coming years ago and I'm well stocked up on mags... Washington is lost and it's never going to be a free state again. Luckily I live very close to Idaho and could pretty easily escape Washington. Unfortunately, moving to any state that has the same type of miserable Winter weather that Washington does is out of the question.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not aware of any place that allows magazine or other accessory possession for adults but not minors.

Documenting it seems excessive to me, but I don't do BOS for FTF sales either. Who's to say the kid didn't buy them? I didn't have any problem buying magazines when I was under 18.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, it's easier to move.
No, that's not the right thing to do to solve the problem.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:23:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I logged in today, and it said my last login was 22 years ago.  Doesn't seem that long ago.  But 22 years makes it  sound so long. :)

The law grandfathers magazines already in our possession. But also bans importing magazines.  If I go out of state, with a high capacity magazine, then return with the same magazine, will that be considered "importing?" No, the bill was changed to allow this.

It also makes it illegal to transfer to someone else.  Would that mean I can't leave them to my children or grandchildren? Correct. Even though one of the clueless reps said that transfers to family were allowed while arguing against the amendment that would have specifically allowed it, there is nothing in the law that says it's ok.

View Quote
 It's starting to look that way sometimes.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The law grandfathers magazines already in our possession. But also bans importing magazines.  If I go out of state, with a high capacity magazine, then return with the same magazine, will that be considered "importing?"

It also makes it illegal to transfer to someone else.  Would that mean I can't leave them to my children or grandchildren?

View Quote

Did you just discover this?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top