[#1]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 12:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DNZ Freedom Reaper for sure.

Don't bother with LaRue unless you're specifically interested in mounts that don't hold zero and gouge your upper.
View Quote
My various LaRue mounts hold zero and don't gouge my uppers. I guess I just got lucky. At any rate, I'm not getting into a pissing contest in a tech forum with someone who has an obvious axe to grind.
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Delete
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#6]
ADM
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 11:01:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hardly.

Your argument is that because a mount is “in service in the most extreme conditions by the most elite of our MIL where failure is absolutely no option” that it’s a quality mount.

The very same thing can be said about ARMS mounts.

So, again, why aren’t you recommending ARMS mounts as they are used in the exact same situations as LaRue mounts and meet the exact same criteria that you laid out?

Dont worry you don’t have to answer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Easy to deflect.  Pure straw man illogic.  We are not talking about Elcan mounts or other companies.  Actually, it a double straw man argument in this case.  Different company and different application.  It's like condemning Colt for making the M1911 because Beretta makes the M9 and someone has a problem with the Beretta.  Beretta is bad, so therefore, Colt is bad because MIL uses both.
Hardly.

Your argument is that because a mount is “in service in the most extreme conditions by the most elite of our MIL where failure is absolutely no option” that it’s a quality mount.

The very same thing can be said about ARMS mounts.

So, again, why aren’t you recommending ARMS mounts as they are used in the exact same situations as LaRue mounts and meet the exact same criteria that you laid out?

Dont worry you don’t have to answer.

The answer is the same, you just don't like it.  Colt M1911 and Beretta M9 are pistols.  MIL uses both for the same purpose.  You get a bad Beretta.  By your flawed straw man logic, Colt is bad too.  That dog won't hunt, dude.  Larue is not ARMS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:05:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Larue is not ARMS.
View Quote
You're right about that, ARMS won't gouge your upper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Larue is not ARMS.
Still interested in beating your out of tune drum?

STOP!

Threads naturally get crooked, and that’s to be expected from time to time. But you won’t let this shit go, and for whatever weird reason have decided to make the OPs thread about you and your need to have the last word. Sorry, but shit like that gets old. It will also result in getting the OPs thread locked by the mods, but that’s probably a forgone conclusion now anyway.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 5:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Still interested in beating your out of tune drum?

STOP!

Threads naturally get crooked, and that’s to be expected from time to time. But you won’t let this shit go, and for whatever weird reason have decided to make the OPs thread about you and your need to have the last word.
View Quote
Bit of a hypocrite there, huh?

The OP asked about scope mounts, plenty of people gave their input about what they like and the pros and cons of different mounts.

I didn’t do anything different than that.

If you’re getting upset that I don’t like a certain mount because of its poor build quality and inability to not only retain zero but to even hold zero, I don’t know what to tell you other than to get a grip.

If you want to continue state your personal issues with my opinion I’m sure the OP and the mods would appreciate it if you took it to PMs or to GD or something other than what you have been doing.

Thanks chief.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 2:46:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Some evidence would be nice. I look forward to that thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 5:59:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don’t hold back, and tell us what you really think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Don’t hold back, and tell us what you really think.
I've owned LaRue, ADM, Aero, Burris, NF, and Geissele.

You can see which ones I like best. NF comes in second, but G mounts are incredible. Finish is super smooth, machining is top notch, design is very strong, and they're sexy as hell.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 6:21:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I've owned LaRue, ADM, Aero, Burris, NF, and Geissele.

You can see which ones I like best. NF comes in second, but G mounts are incredible. Finish is super smooth, machining is top notch, design is very strong, and they're sexy as hell.
View Quote
Very nice indeed
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 7:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Double Tap
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:26:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When the Marines held their recent SSDS Mount competition, they apparently found LaRue mounts to be the smoothest, strongest, best design, and sexiest, then, to the chagrin of others, handed me their 3,000 unit SSDS Mount order.  We just built the Marines another 30,000 ACOG mounts,  meaning their confidence in LaRue mounts is repeating.

View Quote
Congratulations on the long and continued success of your outstanding product lines, Mark. Well done.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 12:42:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Nice, I'll look into them. Anyone remember off the top of their head what mm tube the crossfire 2 is?

Thanks!
View Quote
A lot of these guys are recommending scope mounts the price of the optic or higher. IMO you can't go wrong with the AERO precision SPR mount. Your scope needs a 1" scope mount. I use Aero's mount on every AR I own, but again I don't have $1k scopes on any of them either. The Burris PEPR is a good option too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:05:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I would recommend Aero Ultralight, because I feel like it is what I should’ve bought. I saved about $20 by getting the Nikon mount, and it seems to work okay, but it does scratch up my receiver and the threads are not smooth at all. I also have a Burris PEPR QD, and I’ve never been very happy with it.

I’m not sure why there aren’t more high quality QD mounts at a fair price. It seems like there should be dozens of great QD amounts for less than $100.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 1:49:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I would recommend Aero Ultralight, because I feel like it is what I should’ve bought. I saved about $20 by getting the Nikon mount, and it seems to work okay, but it does scratch up my receiver and the threads are not smooth at all. I also have a Burris PEPR QD, and I’ve never been very happy with it.

I’m not sure why there aren’t more high quality QD mounts at a fair price. It seems like there should be dozens of great QD amounts for less than $100.
View Quote
One or the other.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

One or the other.
View Quote
This, you can't have both.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
The precision machining and materials required of true return to zero QD mounts pretty much rules out making them for $100 and under.

OP needs a mount, but he will have to stick with a fixed mount to stay under 100 and have it hold up.  Lots of choices in budget friendly fixed mounts and we've covered most of them in this thread.  Nothing wrong with fixed mounts.  I use them on many applications.   My personal preference for a budget fixed mount is the Leupold Mark 2 IMS which can be picked up for $85 if you shop carefully.  It is usually priced about the same as the Aero Precision.  It's heavier at about 7 ounces (typical of most cantilever mounts) but is far easier to put on and take off with its more standard 13mm nut dual cross-bolt design.
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 7:32:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top