Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/14/2022 8:10:56 PM EDT
Today, I finally assembled my generation 1 POF billet receiver from 2007.  Talk about your procrastination...

The first thing I noticed was that it was WAY tougher to assemble than your run of the mill PSA budget forged lower.  That trigger guard roll pin did NOT want to go in, and I have the tool to press them into place.  My next area of woe was the PSA 3.5 pound single stage "drop in" trigger.  Yeah, it didn't want to drop in and I literally needed to hammer the anti walk pins into the receiver because they wouldn't even start by hand!  Also, lining up that "drop-in" trigger with the trigger pin holes in the receiver was a bit of a chore.  My final woe was the safety selector in that it had a lot of slop and required some sanding/fitting of the safety detent to get it to work properly.  Basically, the detent was hanging in the channel leading up to the selector switch.  

All in all, I was fairly disappointed for something that was a premium in 2007.  Let's put it this way, even my POF forged lower was easier to assemble than this POF billet lower was.  I don't know if it was the anodizing that was off or if it was just slightly out of spec all around, but I expected better for something that was $230 back in 2007 compared to the $90 Doublestar lowers that I used back then.

The only good news is that I function fitted my Magpul PMags and they seem to work properly with this lower.  That was one of the things that I was told could be a potential issue due to the way some magazine wells were improperly finished on the POF early gen billet lowers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully your efforts will pay off and you will have a fully functional lower void of problems.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:45:09 PM EDT
[#2]
If ya call or contact POF and tell them about your problem ,they just might help you out . You may be surprised .
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately, I spoke to a local AR builder and he told me that my issues were common with billet receivers from that timeframe.  It's together, and appears as though everything is going to function fine.  I'll know when I get some trigger time but now that it is assembled.  I doubt I would want to get POF involved anyway as this is an NFA item.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top