Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2020 10:09:51 PM EDT
Swapping the stock on an older build and forgot I had one of the first batches of the DDC buffer tubes. Just noticed holes in the back 4 positions. Why?

I always wondered why that nice DDC always looked dirty. The closer I look at this tube, it’s got some rough looking machining and finish in some places.

Anyway, never seen (or noticed) those holes in a receiver extension before.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:23:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are a true operator performing drills in the sea it allows water to drain out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are a true operator performing drills in the sea it allows water to drain out.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have recreationaly operated in water and have shot many ARs without super precision drain holes and they function fine right out of the wet with a standard tube.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Take your stock off and see if it has a drain hole on the end of the tube.
View Quote

Its a standard tube, with one drain hole, just like the rest of my stocks. None have appeared to need additional drainage.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:41:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wait I thought everyone here on ARFCOM was a true operator?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:26:42 AM EDT
[#7]
This is where your dignity is suppose to leak from when you run around doing extreme duty stuff with a big ol “Super Duty” logo on the side of your receiver so that people know how hardcore duty you really are.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe Bill should call him and explain.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:59:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Multiple companies make tubes like this
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This is where your dignity is suppose to leak from when you run around doing extreme duty stuff with a big ol “Super Duty” logo on the side of your receiver so that people know how hardcore duty you really are.
View Quote

I actually quit buying G products over a year ago. I do have a past DDC build though and just have never seen a buffer tube with holes on the bottom...just the one on the end of the tube.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top