Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2021 8:42:02 PM EDT
Hi all

I have the opportunity to purchase one of those. Are they worth it ? I have already 3 Daniel Defense mk18. How do they compare ?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an 11.5 and it's pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:48:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got one, as well as a Mk18.
I dont know about comparisons but I love mine!

Do it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I would have rather liked a 11.5 or even a 14.5 version, but that’s the only one they have and they are pretty rare in Switzerland

Did yours come with an h3 buffer and a spring ?

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would have rather liked a 11.5 or even a 14.5 version, but that’s the only one they have and they are pretty rare in Switzerland

Did yours come with an h3 buffer and a spring ?

View Quote

I purchased the upper only. But I do run the Geissele super 42 which is a braided h3 if I remember correctly since I run it full time suppressed.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the 9” version and like it, but mine was just a handguard purchase in the Black Friday ‘18 sale.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Worth it is relative, especially if you have three DD Mk18's but I personally like my 10.3" URGI better than my CQBR. Really that comes down to comfort of the rail though and it's not that big of a difference honestly.

Regardless I say go for it, but keep in mind that's coming from a guy who also owns multiple 10.3" guns.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

If it’s a near clone it will have a highly sought after muzzle device and charging handle. I love mine.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#8]
If it has a Geissele barrel: hell no

If it's has a DD barrel: it's the same as your Mk18
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If it has a Geissele barrel: hell no

If it's has a DD barrel: it's the same as your Mk18
View Quote

What do you have against the Geissele barrel? I prefer mine over my DD barrels, has a better distribution of weight/smarter profile design than the dumb Government profile or M4. Gas port is also smaller on my 11.5 Geissele than it is on the DD 11.5 setups.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:04:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

What do you have against the Geissele barrel? I prefer mine over my DD barrels, has a better distribution of weight/smarter profile design than the dumb Government profile or M4. Gas port is also smaller on my 11.5 Geissele than it is on the DD 11.5 setups.
View Quote

My trepidation in recommending Geissele-manufactured barrels is there has been enough anecdotes of issues that it gives me pause, and I can't see the reason in deviating from the DD barrel until there's more data on the Geissele barrels. They've had a terrible time producing enough of them for people to even buy and evaluate. I am suspicious of the gas port for a Geissele 11.5" actually being smaller than a DD 11.5 (0.069"), but if someone with one can measure it, that'd be awesome to know.

Additionally, for the price premium of Geissele stuff, you're literally into LMT territory. With that in mind I can't find a reason to buy their rifles or uppers, except for when they're on the BF-level sales, and then they're a great deal assuming the barrel checks out. They make some high quality stuff, and some things the jury is still out on (imo).

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:47:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My trepidation in recommending Geissele-manufactured barrels is there has been enough anecdotes of issues that it gives me pause, and I can't see the reason in deviating from the DD barrel until there's more data on the Geissele barrels. They've had a terrible time producing enough of them for people to even buy and evaluate. I am suspicious of the gas port for a Geissele 11.5" actually being smaller than a DD 11.5 (0.069"), but if someone with one can measure it, that'd be awesome to know.

Additionally, for the price premium of Geissele stuff, you're literally into LMT territory. With that in mind I can't find a reason to buy their rifles or uppers, except for when they're on the BF-level sales, and then they're a great deal assuming the barrel checks out. They make some high quality stuff, and some things the jury is still out on (imo).

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They've produced plenty, they sell them just about as soon as they hit the shelves. Care to give examples of the barrel issues you've seen? Only one I've seen posted was some surface rust on a barrel that was mistreated for a bit, which others have shown their barrels do just fine when completely wet and left for a few days wet.

Last I read, the DD gas port on the 11.5" is .070" and not the .069 you state. The Geissele is a confirmed .068" port size and has a superior profile dimensions over the Government used by DD.

As to your comments on price vs LMT, the Geissele has some areas that it is actually better than even the MLC. The big area the LMT has over Geissele is the ambidextrous lower, hands down one of the best lowers on the market. That being said, they cut corners with their barrel profile (Government still), their gas port size while propriety is larger than it needs to be, it comes with a semi automatic basic carrier (Have to purchase the enhanced or FA separate) and comes with a basic A2 flash hider.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:05:41 PM EDT
[#12]
arent the DD Mk18 barrels a little over gassed anyway ?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
arent the DD Mk18 barrels a little over gassed anyway ?
View Quote

There are old ones that are, but they've been the right size for years.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]
The G barrel I have is excellent.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top