Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/26/2022 3:56:31 PM EDT
I don't have a lot of experience with Geissele triggers.  Something just good for all around use.  Which model and why?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 3:58:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you looking for a single-stage or two-stage trigger?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Two stage
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:09:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Can't go wrong with an SSA. if you prefer a flat trigger, the SD-C is a good choice.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:09:27 PM EDT
[#4]
SSA all day
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my SSA-E a lot. It is a little on the light side. Is this for Home Defense or Target?

You might need to try different hammer springs if you want it over 4 pounds pull (HD)
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Love my SD-C after using it for the first time yesterday, think I'll be moving most all my lowers that way
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
why spend double for a trigger that is only marginally better, if that, than the larue mbt-2s?
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SSA all day
View Quote

^^ this
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I like my SSA-E a lot. It is a little on the light side. Is this for Home Defense or Target?

You might need to try different hammer springs if you want it over 4 pounds pull (HD)
View Quote

I use the SSA-E in all my rifles, I installed some SSA spring kits in a few for a little heavier pull while still retaining the cleaner break over the SSA trigger.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I put SSA-E in all mine.  (Or B-G2G-E)
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:12:40 PM EDT
[#12]
SSA-E is a great trigger as well. I use it in all my precision builds. But for all-around use SSA is a better choice IMO

ETA: Larue MBT is also similar and cheaper.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
I have multiple SSA-E triggers and they are great.

Unless it’s a work/duty rifle that has some type of weight requirement I’d recommend it all day.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#14]
If this is going into a do-everything AR...then id say a SSA or SSA-E.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 6:48:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Two stage
View Quote

SD-E or SSA-E If you like a bit lighter pull.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:21:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Wait for 4 of July sales, will find it at a great rice!
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for the suggestion.  Any particular places that might have them on sale?  I am going to try an SSA.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
why spend double for a trigger that is only marginally better, if that, than the larue mbt-2s?
View Quote
Ssa-e feels different. If you like it, it's basically the cost of a few loaded mags difference from the mbt2s.

I have both, and they're both good.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:44:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestion.  Any particular places that might have them on sale?  I am going to try an SSA.
View Quote

Primary Arms would be my first choice of companies to look for sale on things.

Sometimes people post links to deals in the cheap parts thread. There's another in Team, but that requires a pay to play.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 8:58:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brownells has the best sale prices on Geissele triggers. I paid $163 shipped for SSA-E’s last month.

Edit- July 4th sale
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#21]
SSA for all around use.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:14:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Can't go wrong with an SSA. if you prefer a flat trigger, the SD-C is a good choice.
View Quote

This.  I have both and I like both.  I was never too worried about AR triggers because most of my guns are basically factory semi versions of military rifles (HK, AK etc.) until I bought a rifle with a CMC flat face.  Both the SSA and the SD-C are better than the CMC and worth it if trigger feel matters to you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
SSA on my HD SBR

SSA-E on my 16" with LPVO
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#24]
SSA for basic general purpose.  High-Speed National Match, if you want to upgrade for a match rifle.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:39:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I go with SSA or G2S for my builds.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I have several different 1 and 2 stage triggers from various makers.

The SSA is a solid trigger, but the cost is high for what it is.  I have a couple of these as well and never had an issue with them.

I'd recommend the G2S and see if it fills the need you have.  I have a couple of those and it's a great trigger.  If you want a lighter pull you can swap springs on it (I use JP hammer/trigger springs).

The Schmid 2-Stage Nickel Boron Plated Triggers are also a good choice for the price.  Botach has it for $80 but goes on sale often.  I'm not a huger fan of botach, but I have ordered a couple of these and they shipped quick.

As mentioned the LaRue MBT is also a solid trigger for the cash. I have a couple of those and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:14:16 AM EDT
[#27]
i have 3 SSA-Es...they're amazing. Not too light for a do-it-all trigger.  If you pull the trigger, the gun's going to cycle, 2lbs of pull isn't going to stop that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
SDC is my go to with the SDE for a precision build.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:20:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ssa-e feels different. If you like it, it's basically the cost of a few loaded mags difference from the mbt2s.

I have both, and they're both good.
View Quote

fair enough.  I haven't the will to cough up the money to drop on a geissele trigger, i'd rather have the ammo.  not to mention for the price of one trigger I was able to drop a larue in all my ars, save one.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#30]
On the holiday weekend Primary Arms usually has the $240 Geissele triggers for $170-$175.

Brownells has their special cheaper version that is usually $216 for $165.

The Brownells specials have different pin retainers that are ore difficult to install.

The SSA is gold standard two stage.

There is the more expensive SSA X, with less curve and a nickel coated disconnector.

This comes standard in their rifles and pistols.

The SSA-E and SSA-E-X have even lighter, touchier triggers, but the standard ones are usually preferred and are plenty light.

The X models are normally $325.

I have an SSA X in a Geissele pistol, I have a single stage S3G and a single stage Brownells Rapidfire, which is the S3G with cheaper pin retainers.

The two-stage Brownells is the SSA with the difficult pin retainers.

The regular Geissele ones may have higher quality control than the Brownells versions.

The single stage is fun for emptying magazine, but the two stage nice for tight groups when target shooting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SSA all day
View Quote

This.  I prefer curve bow and battle vs precision DMR triggers.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 4:04:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Here are the Brownells ,"Enhanced" Geissele trigger deals.

Two stage

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100022962-94663-191658.aspx

The single stage one I have.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-rapid-fire-trigger-sku100022961-94662-191675.aspx

The two stage one is plenty light, but the single stage one comes with two trigger springs, light and super light.

I went with light and it is still light, short and fast.

The two stage is a lower cost version of the SSA and the single stage is a lower cost version of the S3G.

The only difference in design I can tell is the way the pins are retained and the Brownells versions are a bit more difficult to install.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:03:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Two stage

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100022962-94663-191658.aspx

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-rapid-fire-trigger-sku100022961-94662-191675.aspx

The two stage one is plenty light, but the single stage one comes with two trigger springs, light and super light.

The two stage is a lower cost version of the SSA and the single stage is a lower cost version of the S3G.

The only difference in design I can tell is the way the pins are retained and the Brownells versions are a bit more difficult to install.
View Quote

I wasn’t referring to Brownells version of the Geissele triggers, i buy the standard SSA-E’s for $163 shipped when Brownells has sales.
Last purchase of SSA-E’s from Brownells
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 6:26:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I wasn’t referring to Brownells version of the Geissele triggers, i buy the standard SSA-E’s for $163 shipped when Brownells has sales.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/7FEB1B41-60E8-4ACF-AF3F-AC6D016D90D2_jpe-2432998.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two stage

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/7FEB1B41-60E8-4ACF-AF3F-AC6D016D90D2_jpe-2432998.JPG

Yes, I have seen that, but at the same time, Primary Arms had all of the premium Geissele triggers on sale for $170-$175.

Usually the Brownells discount codes don't work with Geissele parts, so sales are about it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:31:23 AM EDT
[#35]
I only have experience with the SD-C (flat faced SSA), but I love it. I did a fair amount of reading before pulling the trigger (literally), and I do not regret my choice one bit. It and the SSA appear to be the best one size fits all 2 stage triggers that they make.

Long video but very informative and presented by the man himself:

Choosing the Right Trigger for You - Geissele Automatics and ALG Defense

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 5:21:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Any discernible difference between the SSA-E and the SSA-E X w/lightning bow?

I need a trigger for a lower Im building and saw this and am wondering if the $100 upcharge is worth it for a slightly flatter trigger shoe and polished disconnector?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:19:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Any discernible difference between the SSA-E and the SSA-E X w/lightning bow?

I need a trigger for a lower Im building and saw this and am wondering if the $100 upcharge is worth it for a slightly flatter trigger shoe and polished disconnector?
View Quote

I was prepared to swap out the x trigger that came in my superduty with one of the normal curved SSA/SSAE triggers I have sitting in the closet.

But I shot it first and think it is even better than any of my other G triggers.

Tried an MBT once, it worked perfectly fine but I hated the width compared to every other AR trigger I’ve shot.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#38]
As far as AR trigger’s go, I only have experience with single stage milapec, Geissele SSA two stage, and LMT two stage, so I can’t say anything against or for any other trigger’s. Realistically, it’s all personal preference.
Honestly, Colt, FN milspec never bothered me any, in the military or civilian version’s. That said, I have four Geissele SSA, one LMT and I like them. I would say I like the SSA the best, I  just like the way it feel’s and break’s.
  There’s sales several times a year,so you can pick one up for under $200.00 no problem. I picked up two  direct from Geissele for Black Friday and I think they were around $160.00 each. As other’s have said, there’s other vendor’s that have good sales throughout the year as well.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I don't have a lot of experience with Geissele triggers.  Something just good for all around use.  Which model and why?
Thanks
View Quote

Just got an email from Geissele
Sale start’s tomorrow July 1st
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Just got an email from Geissele
Sale start’s tomorrow July 1st
View Quote

It’s live now. Some blems have sold out already.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

It’s live now. Some blems have sold out already.
View Quote

I got a ssae blem.

Any word on the trigger blem quality?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:24:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Is there any way to tell which model Geissele trigger you have without removing it from the rifle?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m partial to the SD (straight bow) models. I also prefer the straight bow MBTs. Others prefer curved, that part is personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is there any way to tell which model Geissele trigger you have without removing it from the rifle?
View Quote

You never installed them or bought the rifle with it already installed?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Tried an MBT once, it worked perfectly fine but I hated the width compared to every other AR trigger I’ve shot.
View Quote

I prefer the wider, flatter face of the MBT. My grail trigger would be a SD-C with the trigger bow width of the MBT. It all boils down to personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:04:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Already installed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:15:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Already installed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already installed.

From where? Was this a custom assembly or from an actual manufacturer? Is this a Geissele rifle?
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#48]
If I had a use for a ssa-e I'd drop the money to try it out, but I just don't. I think my MBT beats out my SSA and I have no other rifles begging for a 2 stage. The two are fairly close, but the MBT is crisper. I'm not a fan of the SSA break. It's not noticeably heavier (although probably a bit). It's just a spongier break. Less crisp. If I were to do it over I'd absolutely get the E over the regular SSA. This isn't on a DMR type rifle. It's a 16" LPVO gun. Don't get me wrong, the ssa is good, but for the money get an mbt for much cheaper or an ssa-e.  The "carrot" break of the SSA, while intended isn't anything great.
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
super select fire!

SSF
Link Posted: 6/30/2022 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#50]
I really like the SD-C and SD-E.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top