Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/21/2020 1:39:26 PM EDT
To summarize, I love it. I am SBRing it for home defense, IDPA and course use.

Pros:

1. The upper receiver has a cut out that indexes the handguard, much like the HK 416. Hence, there is little if any chance the handguard would ever rotate.
2. Comes with a Surefire SOCOM Warcomp, close tined, so it easily attaches to my SOCOM RC2 556 can.
3. Little if any gas to the face with the SOCOM RC2 can. Geissele did their homework with this, unlike my Knight’s SR-15 mod 2. With the H3 buffer and their proprietary spring, it runs nice and smooth shooting M193 and 77 grain Mod 1 ammo. ZERO malfunctions. Recoil is snappier than say my 16” mid-length running with an A5 lower, but it’s perfectly fine. Runs very well suppressed.
4. SSA trigger, 4.5 lb pull
5. Chrome lined cold hammer forged barrel. Gas block is pinned and has set screws.
6. The nano coating is legit. Carbon wipes off easily from the bolt and bolt carrier.

Cons:
1. While it has an ambi safety, no ambi mag release or bolt release. This may be an issue for some, but since I’m used to a classic AR lower, it is not an issue for me.
2. Does not come with iron sights. For $1900, a set of Geissele BUIS would have been a plus.
3. Looks like I have to ditch the brace for a SBR anyway with the new laws coming our way.

I put 180 rounds of M193 (Winchester, PRVI) and Mod 1 77 grain Razor Core (IMI) with ZERO issues suppressed mostly. Off hand, it is very accurate. I’ll need to take it to an outdoor range to test accuracy. I put all the rounds at 25 yards in the target below. I was in a hurry, so I probably could have done a lot better had I taken my time.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Again, very little if any gas to the face. I am very happy my impulse “ah what the hell” purchase worked out. I think my AR collection is complete now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 12:57:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d pick one up but it just doesn’t seem to have the value of a 1900.00 gun

Glad you are happy with it. I picked up two 11.25 colt uppers from brownells I think I can build 2 for what you have into one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Glad you are happy with it. I picked up two 11.25 colt uppers from brownells I think I can build 2 for what you have into one.
View Quote

You get a SSA trigger, Surefire flash hider, a superior bolt and bolt carrier, cold hammer forged barrel, extended bolt catch, ambi safety, ambi Geissele charging handle, Geissele gas block, 0.068” gas port, their Super 42 buffer spring with H3 buffer, Mk16 rail indexed to the upper receiver (not sold separately). I think even with a colt upper you bought, the spare parts and a good lower would probably get you up into the $1300-1600 range by the time you add everything together. I may have made Geissele a profit, but at least I have a complete gun that they’ll stand behind and support my use of a suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
It looks like a nice gun.  But at $1900 it should come with a set of fucking sights.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice review.  I have the gun.  I agree.  I have not run suppressed.  The beauty of any 11.5” barrel, is the it is the perfect length, in terms of engineering, fir the carbine gas system.  You can throw any ammo at it and it just works.  Your review shows that.  I think that is more about barrel length, and less about Geissele.

I love the dovetail mating of the receiver and rail.  It does mean you are married to the rail fir life (a negative to add).  It is great, but you are not changing it out.

Good write up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:16:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I got one a complete G pistol Saturday.

Have already owned a upper for a while and liked it so I kinda knew what I was getting.

The geissele lower is nice but ill probably end up selling it and just putting a psa lower on it either a G trigger in it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:03:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You get a SSA trigger, Surefire flash hider, a superior bolt and bolt carrier, cold hammer forged barrel, extended bolt catch, ambi safety, ambi Geissele charging handle, Geissele gas block, 0.068” gas port, their Super 42 buffer spring with H3 buffer, Mk16 rail indexed to the upper receiver (not sold separately). I think even with a colt upper you bought, the spare parts and a good lower would probably get you up into the $1300-1600 range by the time you add everything together. I may have made Geissele a profit, but at least I have a complete gun that they’ll stand behind and support my use of a suppressor.
View Quote

I see your logic but I bought all my stuff during the Salad days and run mbt triggers at 70.00 each so that will put me into them significantly cheaper.  Granted they won’t have that fancy rail, but assembled will run around 900 could go cheaper but I like billet lowers.

Still you have a nice gun and nothing wrong with a factory built shooter.

Let’s see some groups at 100 to see how it performs
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:25:59 PM EDT
[#9]
If you aren't on a budget it's a great little gun. They gassed those things perfectly. Reliable and accurate with all the bells and whistles (sans sights) salad days $1900 is a no go but now it won't take long for batches to sell out.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 11:01:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you aren't on a budget it's a great little gun. They gassed those things perfectly. Reliable and accurate with all the bells and whistles (sans sights) salad days $1900 is a no go but now it won't take long for batches to sell out.
View Quote

They definitely should include some kac micro sights.
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 1:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
I put mine together from a Black Friday sale for considerably less than $1900. I bought the complete upper than built the rest with all G parts. It's turning out to be one of my favorites, but it still has low miles. Great shooting gun that comes with a lot of bang for your buck even at $1900. There is really nothing you have to upgrade. The sights are ok, but not my favorites. As far as I can tell from my limited use is the barrel is pretty damn accurate. I also like the fact that G is local to me. Good stuff! I highly recommend everyone get one.

Link Posted: 12/24/2020 1:24:26 PM EDT
[#12]
OP yours came with an H3 buffer?  I have the same gun essentially, except its a "Blemula" Hungarian Moonshine.  Mine had an H1 in it, I've since converted it to an H2.
Link Posted: 12/24/2020 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I am not operator enough to drop two grand on an AR pistol.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 12:53:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am not operator enough to drop two grand on an AR pistol.
View Quote

Geissele gear has always been about 1/3rd over priced. I always wait on sales or use coupons with Geissele gear but it is definitely top notch stuff.

Edit- right now they can't keep stuff in stock so I can't bash them for making money. They aren't peddling junk.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 5:11:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Considering I dropped $3500 on a QDC 556 and SR-15 Mod 2, with terrible results (gas to face suppressed using THEIR suppressor), I am very happy to pay Bill Geissele $1900 for a pistol that runs without issue out of the box using a SOCOM 556 RC2 can. I could have saved myself a lot of money short of buying the DD16” midlength upper that I chose over the SR-15.

Point is, Geissele knocked it out of the park. If you have the cash, go for it. An eform 1 takes 30-60 days to approve. Perfect to SBR.
Link Posted: 12/25/2020 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#16]
if only quad rails make a comeback.
Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#17]
A lot of that is stock or comes with the $1700 new ar pistol. That's what they go new around here anyway. A lot less than Noveske, Daniel Defense and KAC AR pistols.

Been there done that and went daniel defense milspec + SBR from my DDM4V7 pistol.

And yes I even got the matching anodized bronze KAC sights and bronze BCM BCG. And yes I am military. 20+ years.

Link Posted: 12/27/2020 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Not always true.

Eform took me 10 working days. Everyone and every state is different.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 1:11:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

MK18 is about $1900. Suppose it isn't worth it either?

https://danieldefense.com/mk18-pistol-02-088-01202.html
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

MK18 is about $1900. Suppose it isn't worth it either?

https://danieldefense.com/mk18-pistol-02-088-01202.html
View Quote

Not to me. I would be getting rid of that quad rail right away, and adding something more comfortable to shoot with.
I prefer getting a good barrel and bolt carrier group and building my own around it.
I have no issues with folks who like to buy things that make them happy, and if spending 2 grand for a pistol does that, then good for you. I am an old man, and I would not see enough difference between the boutique brands and what I have.
Again, not knocking anyone who buys a super duty or dd pistol, they just aren't for me.
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
 You can throw any ammo at it and it just works.  .
View Quote

Well... maybe not ANY ammo...
Link Posted: 12/29/2020 11:48:27 PM EDT
[#22]
i have an old six bolt DD quad rail with the FSP cut out. I still love it.

It is hard for me to pass up the DD Mk18 pistol, but 11.5” barrels run better suppressed
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 3:06:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Not to me. I would be getting rid of that quad rail right away, and adding something more comfortable to shoot with.
I prefer getting a good barrel and bolt carrier group and building my own around it.
I have no issues with folks who like to buy things that make them happy, and if spending 2 grand for a pistol does that, then good for you. I am an old man, and I would not see enough difference between the boutique brands and what I have.
Again, not knocking anyone who buys a super duty or dd pistol, they just aren't for me.
View Quote

I paid $1500 for mine due to military discount, but you get what you pay for. I have a "firearm" that I built myself with Aero Precision upper and lower receivers, Ballistic Advantage 12.3-inch Hanson barrel, AO Precision BCG, Midwest Industries Combat quad rail, and while it's a lot less expensive I would consider my DD MK18 to be superior in quality, reliability and accuracy. If SHTF I would take my MK18 out of any rifle I have.

Quad rails are also far more comfortable for me. I prefer more grip area and also a quad rail takes a little longer to heat up vs those slim M-Lok rails.
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 7:08:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I get what you are saying. If I were military age, I would probably opt for the best I could afford, but since I am in my 60's, what I have has proven to be reliable, and I shoot it reasonably well, but not as well as I did 40 years ago.
As far as handguards go, I am glad there are so many choices, when I was in, there were two. Triangle and CAR.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:04:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Love the green color they offer been thinking about picking one of those up
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:09:31 PM EDT
[#26]
God the DD stocks are hideous. And they are nowhere near what they used to be. I’ve been running my 11.5 SD for almost a year now. My SR-15 doesn’t even come out of the safe anymore. The only other rifle I shoot is my 16” LWRC. Bill absolutely smoked the competition with the SD pistol. Of course too, the “snobs” won’t give it the credit it deserves because they don’t like “boomerBill” they don’t like to admit that all they talked about was Geissele for years.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:42:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I just got the Super Duty 16 in Luna black.
Want to make love to it after I lube it.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top