Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2023 6:25:04 PM EDT
I am looking for a new complete upper for a lower I have.  I want something along the lines of reliability and durability of my KAC rifle.  I want a soft recoil impulse so no over-gassed carbine uppers!  What length is the Geissele length gas system and how is recoil with its port and buffer compared to a KAC rifle?  I generally shoot stuff in the upper 60gr range with a suppressor FWIW.

If not a Super Duty upper, what else is similar and available?  Triarc, SOLGW, etc. are viable but, to be blunt aren't available when I specifically look for them.  Geissele is available today!

What are my better options today?

TIA,
Sid
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
The super duty rifles and uppers are the only thing that comes close to my kac guns.I want to hate giessele but those rifles are gassed perfect and are damn accurate.

Only thing I'd change is the bolt catch and add a qd end plate but that's a lower situation. Obviously I'm a right handed shooter but you already have your lower for my issues or the ambi complaints.

The uppers are fantastic and I tried to build better and admit I couldn't.

Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Did anyone call Bill yet?
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the G SD uppers I owned were substantially better in the gas moderation department than my SR-15 CQB upper, at least with a higher back pressure can.  My CQB upper is fairly gassy suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The super duty rifles and uppers are the only thing that comes close to my kac guns.I want to hate giessele but those rifles are gassed perfect and are damn accurate.
The uppers are fantastic and I tried to build better and admit I couldn't.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
G is tough to beat

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a super duty 11.5 upper that my Surefire RC2 resides on.  With a H3 buffer and the super 42 spring it is super smooth.  100% reliability and gas to the face is not bad.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 12:20:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I own these brands of rifles

LMT
Larue
KAC
DD
PWS
ADM
PSA

And I put them in the order of build, fit and finish build quality and no other reason.  The difference between the LMT down to the ADM is ever so small, if the LMT was a 10, KAC is a 9, and ADM is a 7.  The only gap is between ADM and PSA.

If I were to add another brand to the collection it would be Geissele for sure.  The ones that I have handled are every bit as good as my top three.

I am not a Mark Larue fan at all, but the man does make one hell of a rifle.  My $1000 UU rifles are outstanding,  as good of a build in terms of fit, finish, tight, function as you are going to get.  I would put my UU rifles alone equal to LMT.  Why they stopped making the UU kit is beyond me, very stupid business decision.

ETA:  In terms of optic mounts, NO ONE can even come close to Geissele.  Up until four years ago, I was 100% Larue on optic mounts, until I bought my first Geissele 34mm scope mount, that was it, sold all the Larues and switched over, was a very expensive conversion, but well worth it.

Not sure what this "have Bill call me" bullshit is about, but I see it posted a lot here.

As far as running suppressed, the only issue I ever had was with my Larue 7.62 OBR, I spent more time getting that rifle lined out with the right spring/buffer combination.  The recoil and bolt bounce on the 7.62 OBR was so violent suppressed, I was breaking bolt catches.  The DD and LMT's are as good as you are going to get suppressed.  The piston PWS is just plain fun suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 4:14:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Most over rated gun ever. Ive been wholly unimpressed with every g gun ive shot. The rail i love, the trigger meh, the rest ? Nothing impressive. Add to it the number of shit barrels they put out, and the weird cult like bullshit the g goofballs have going on, and id recommend you look elsewhere. Larue makes a nice gun, and a plethora of others do too
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Most over rated gun ever. Ive been wholly unimpressed with every g gun ive shot. The rail i love, the trigger meh, the rest ? Nothing impressive. Add to it the number of shit barrels they put out, and the weird cult like bullshit the g goofballs have going on, and id recommend you look elsewhere. Larue makes a nice gun, and a plethora of others do too
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/27/2023 7:06:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, Larue.

My G guns are nice, shoot well, are perfectly gassed.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 12:52:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Here’s a meaningful review from someone who’s actually shot one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here’s a meaningful review from someone who’s actually shot one.

. . . the medium weight constant taper profile barrel.

The 16” geissele CHF barrels are not “medium weight” barrels and do not have a “constant taper profile.”  Someone who can’t even get such a simple fact as the contour of the barrel that they’re reviewing correct, isn’t anyone that I’d be putting much stock in anything that they have to say.  

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:48:11 AM EDT
[#14]
I ended up piecing my G build together because I wanted a DD barrel and Colt receivers. I like their barrel nut design. I do feel they should have a better wrench for it, but it works. No company is perfect and nobody has a success rate of 100%, but I do like their stuff.

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top