Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2021 8:57:51 PM EDT
I installed a SSA in one of my AR’s, which is the same type of trigger i have in other AR’s.
Took it out this weekend for testing and it does a very quick double with every trigger pull.
I opened it it and compared it to my other rifle and couldn’t tell a visual difference, seemed to function the same as well.

Have any of you heard of this? What should I be looking for in a closer visual inspection or different function test?
Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Pass a function test?

Not inadvertently bump firing are you?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:44:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I installed a SSA in one of my AR’s, which is the same type of trigger i have in other AR’s.
Took it out this weekend for testing and it does a very quick double with every trigger pull.
I opened it it and compared it to my other rifle and couldn’t tell a visual difference, seemed to function the same as well.

Have any of you heard of this? What should I be looking for in a closer visual inspection or different function test?
Thanks
View Quote

I had the same thing happen several years back.

For me it was a standard pin size SSA in a large pin Colt lower.

Are you running an “older” Colt by any chance?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:19:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Had same problem.  Would go full auto with crazy bump fire unless you squeezed and held the trigger tight each time you fired.  Then you had to quickly let go of the trigger or it may fire again!  Disconnecter sucks for this trigger, surprised they sell it.  Geometry was all wrong.... could never make it safe.  Ultimately had to swap it out.  Not a safe trigger.

Edit:  been several years ago.... may have not been the SSA, but it did the same thing you described.  Something odd about over complicating an otherwise simple trigger system.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 10:30:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Send an email into our CS team at [email protected] and they will help you figure out what's going on there.  The SSA is an extremely reliable trigger and safety certified by Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center.  It's good to go.  Hopefully it's something simple our techs can help you sort you but if  there's anything wrong with yours we'll take care of it.    

-GACS
View Quote

Solid.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:14:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Double check that your hammer spring is installed correctly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I’ll double check the springs but I have this trigger on 5 guns, this is a newer batch than most.
It would double with every pull, press and release it doubles, press and hold trigger back it doubles. every time.

I’ll double check and compare then send an email if i can’t find anything.

Thanks for the guidance.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top