Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2020 5:02:59 PM EDT
Just wondering what everyone's experience has been with their purchases from Black Friday.  I ordered a MK4 in black and never really gave much attention to it until recently.  A friend ordered three ODG MK4 rails and none of his T marks were painted white.  His colors were also very uneven, not from rail to rail, but each rail's color was uneven.  So after he sent me pictures, pointing those issues out, I looked at mine and realized my T marks weren't white either.  Emailed twice, no response.  Same for him.

So is this normal?
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think Geisele does white t marks.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t think Geisele does white t marks.
View Quote
A quick google search yields plenty of photos that would disagree with you. Like this Black MK4, for example.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
All of the T-marks on my Geissele rails are white.
I ordered an OD green charging handle during the black friday sale, which is more of an emerald green than anything.  I know color anodized parts vary, but I think someone screwed up on the dye used this go around.

While I think the parts themselves are still of decent quality, they sure have fallen a few steps during this recent expansion into full production rifles.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:59:33 PM EDT
[#4]
The t marks on the govt rails mk16 and mk4 federal are not color filled atleast as of the gen 1s not sure if this set was supposed to have them . As far as different shades on the same rail i would definitely blow there phone up until someone answers. For the money they want everything should be perfect if not they should offer them at a blem price below there bf pricing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#5]
white T-marks:  maybe they used to, but not anymore.  pics on the website don't show a view where you can see it clearly, some pics show that the T-marks aren't white, and text description doesn't say that T-marks are white.  So, probably not anymore.

Usually, if there's white T-marks, they explicitly say so, as a selling point.  If not, you can't make that assumption.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 10:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Try wiping the rails down if they appear splotchy or uneven, some rifles were lightly coated in cosmoline so maybe some of the rails were too?

Pics would help.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 1:30:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sticking up for Geissele in any way, but who wants white T marks in 2020?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Who has ever paid attention to T-marks?  Ever??
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#9]
My OD MK4 Federal Black Friday purchase was perfect. The build on the other hand is on hold. Bought a factory Colt HRT barrel to clone the FBI upper, and nobody will take the a2 sight off. So now I’m starting from scratch. May not even use it.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My OD MK4 Federal Black Friday purchase was perfect. The build on the other hand is on hold. Bought a factory Colt HRT barrel to clone the FBI upper, and nobody will take the a2 sight off. So now I’m starting from scratch. May not even use it.
View Quote
Get in touch with Adco or john thomas of retro arms theyll have it off in no time
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is where I'm at. Geissele has dropped the ball in a lot of places since Black Friday, but I think not having white T marks is intentional, and I don't really have a use for them personally. Neither my Fed rail or upper has white T marks.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
@Phatarse You mean the FSB? Get some pieces of 2x4, a cupped punch and a 3lb maul, and smack those pins like they cursed your mama. You'll have the FSB off in no time. Just support the barrel and FSB well.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude, just YouTube how to remove an ar FSB. Or better yet, have Retro Arms Works or D Wilson shave the FSP down into a rock-solid lpgb.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top