Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2021 3:35:00 PM EDT
Is it me or is my gas block slightly canted? I think it is but not by much. Tube looks pretty centered in the receiver and everything. I'm pretty sure it's canted just a tad but unsure if it's worth adjusting so I figured I'd ask for y'alls opinions. Some of these pictures I took it looks barely noticeable to me. What do y'all think?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#1]
No picture so I can't tell.

Gas blocks have enlarged holes to allow for a bit of misalignment with the gas port on the barrel. There's a limit, of course. But technically it doesn't have to be dead nuts aligned over the port.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:00:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No picture so I can't tell.

Gas blocks have enlarged holes to allow for a bit of misalignment with the gas port on the barrel. There's a limit, of course. But technically it doesn't have to be dead nuts aligned over the port.
View Quote

Oops. Made the post hidden. Just made it public. here's some more pics. Some pics it looks worse than others to me. Tried to get a good one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Run it. If it functions consistently, don't give it another thought.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Run it. If it functions consistently, don't give it another thought.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:13:47 PM EDT
[#5]
As stated the gas block has an oversized hole and probably isnt impacted, the gas tube can bind on the gas key if it's real bad but if it doesn't, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 1:18:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oops. Made the post hidden. Just made it public. here's some more pics. Some pics it looks worse than others to me. Tried to get a good one.
View Quote

Based on your picture, the gas block seems fine to me. As others said, if it works, then it is fine. There is a margin of error allowed.

I usually use a can of compressed air to test the gas tube. I would put a straw in the gas tube in the receiver end. You can hear the air in the barrel and also smell orange since they put it in the can for some reason (guessing it's to keep people from inhaling it).
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top